Windows 7 ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe - Anyone Using with Windows 7127?

Morpheus101

I'm having a problem in pin pointing the problem I'm having.

Brand new fresh install allowed updating using the Windows update only and turning off the internet and not allowing any updates to apply.

MB: Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe
CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.20GHz
Ram: 4GB
BIOS Version: 502
Graphics: ATI Raedon HD 2600 XT
nVidia drivers: 15.23_nforce_winvista32_international_whql

----------\
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7127.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 862316AC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7127
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
----------/

Problem: Transferring single large file 40GB in size from one partition to another causes the display to flash and I'm unable to take control and I have to reset to get out. It's possible that it's happening on smaller transfers. This has happens since the initial release from Microsoft of Windows 7 to the public.

Is anyone running this same ASUS motherboard and successfully running Windows 7? This happens on both 32 and 64 bit Windows 7.

Attached is a detailed CPUZ file of my hardware.

TIA...

Last edited:
It seems like you are encountering a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issue when transferring large files on your system with Windows 7 installed. The specific error code you provided, BCCode: 124, indicates a hardware-related problem.

Here are some insights and suggestions based on the information you provided:

### Possible Causes:
  • Hardware Compatibility: The hardware components or drivers may not be fully compatible with Windows 7.
  • Driver Issues: Outdated or incompatible drivers, especially for your graphics card and chipset.
  • Overheating: Excessive heat can cause system instability during intensive operations like file transfers.

### Suggestions to Resolve the Issue:
1. Update Drivers:
- Update your graphics card drivers with the latest versions compatible with Windows 7.
- Ensure your motherboard chipset drivers are up to date as well.

2. Check for BIOS Updates:
- Verify if there are any BIOS updates available for your Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard that could address compatibility issues.

3. Monitor System Temperature:
- Use monitoring tools like HWMonitor to check the temperature of your CPU and GPU during file transfers.
- Ensure that your system is adequately cooled to prevent overheating.

4. Test System Stability:
- Run stress tests like Prime95 to check for system stability under load conditions.
- Confirm that your RAM is functioning correctly by running memory diagnostic tools.

5. File Transfer Workaround:
- Try breaking down large file transfers into smaller chunks to see if the issue persists.
- Check if the issue occurs when transferring files between different drives/partitions.

6. Compatibility with Windows 7:
- Verify if there are any known compatibility issues between your Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard and Windows 7.
- Search online forums or support communities for users with similar hardware configurations running Windows 7 successfully.

7. Review CPUZ Details:
- Review the CPUZ file you attached for any discrepancies or irregularities in your hardware configuration.

If the issue persists after trying these suggestions, it might require further investigation to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem. Feel free to provide more details or updates for additional assistance.

Back