Windows 11 Audio delay with bluetooth earphones

ladyvesuvius

Hey all.

I have had many pairs of bluetooth earphones that always have an audio delay/lag. I have tried many different "fixes" but nothing resolves the issue. You name it, I've tried it; unpairing/repairing, updating drivers, using the troubleshooter, disabled audio enhancements, fiddling with the audio service, checked for interference from other sources.

Is it an issue with Windows 11 like some say? Are there any other things that might help that I've not tried?

I mainly watch Youtube videos on my laptop and Im super close so distance isnt an issue but it's so annoying it's driving me nuts.

Hi there!

I understand how frustrating it can be to experience audio delay or lag with your Bluetooth earphones. While it's difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue without more information about your specific setup, there are a few more troubleshooting steps you can try.

First, make sure that your Bluetooth earphones are fully charged. Low battery levels can sometimes cause audio issues. Additionally, try connecting your earphones to a different device to see if the problem persists. If the delay is still present on another device, it could indicate a problem with the earphones themselves.

Next, check if there are any firmware updates available for your Bluetooth earphones. Manufacturers often release updates to improve compatibility and address known issues. Visit the manufacturer's website or contact their support for more information on updating the firmware.

If the delay is specific to your Windows 11 laptop, you can try adjusting some settings.

1. Open the Start menu and type "Sound settings" to open the Sound settings page.
2. Under the "Output" section, select your Bluetooth earphones and click on "Device properties."
3. In the "Advanced" tab, try changing the default format to a lower value, such as 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality).
4. You can also toggle the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option and see if it makes any difference.

If the issue persists, it's possible that your Bluetooth adapter or drivers need to be updated. Visit the support website of your laptop manufacturer and download the latest Bluetooth drivers for your specific model.

However, it's worth mentioning that Bluetooth audio delay can sometimes be inherent to the technology itself. Bluetooth transmits audio data wirelessly, which introduces some latency. This delay can vary depending on the specific devices you're using and the distance between them. Unfortunately, there may not be a definitive solution if the delay is caused by limitations in the Bluetooth technology itself.

In cases where low-latency audio is important, wired headphones or alternative wireless technologies like Wi-Fi-based solutions may provide better results.

I hope these suggestions help to improve the audio delay issue with your Bluetooth earphones. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Back
Top Bottom