Windows 7 audio editor for windows 7

watson1947

Hope I have put my thread in the right place.

Does anyone know of an audio editing software, paid/shareware/freeware, that can edit audio to decibels. I have been using wavelab lite in windows xp, which works great and I've always been told not to record any more than -6db. As the full version of wavelab cost upwards of £600, I'm afraid that particular upgrade is out of the question.

A lot of programmes I've looked at will allow you to normalize, but do not give the db settings to change, so you don't know what you're getting or if they are all the same.

Also, would have to be able to record from line-in.

Hope this isn't too long winded. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
watson

Your request is a bit confusing? I use MP3 Doc for normalizing and it has lots of choices: Download Mp3Doctor Pro - Normalize Mp3 Mp3Gain Volume Booster Software

For audio editing you could use Audacity which does a good job of everything for Win7:
Audacity: Download

...including equalizing by dB:
t1sRK.png

Your request is a bit confusing? I use MP3 Doc for normalizing and it has lots of choices: Download Mp3Doctor Pro - Normalize Mp3 Mp3Gain Volume Booster Software

For audio editing you could use Audacity which does a good job of everything for Win7:
Audacity: Download

...including equalizing by dB:
t1sRK.png

Thanks for the reply.

I basically use an audio editor because I have a lot of material on cassette and I'm in the middle of recording it to the pc. I have always been told not to record any higher than -6db because this would cause clipping.

I have used audacity for recording records with a usb record player and it is a good editor. I saw where beta 1.3 was best for windows 7, but on checking it out I read several places where there were a lot of niggles as far as using it with windows 7.

Hadn't heard of the other software you suggest but I'll certainly be checking it out.

Thanks for the help, always appreciated.

Back