Windows 7 Autodesk Inventor 11

chrismof

Banned
I have been trying to load autodesk inventor 11 which has worked okay on a previous installation of windows XP. With windos 7 I can not get any further then the pre installation checks and keep getting error messages as listed below. These are screen shots of the faults log I have also run the psr to record the problem but dont seem able to find anyway of attaching it.

Thanks
Chris

Link Removed due to 404 ErrorLink Removed due to 404 Error

[Solved] Autodesk Inventor 11 Series installed at Windows 7 32bit Sucessfully

its was not easy to install it, but after made a lot of adjustments I was able to install Inventor 11 to my customers computer with Windows 7. Please contact-us we can support you from the internet. Send a private message to us.

Important: You must have original media from Autodesk; Autodesk support does not confirm that you can do it, they say the Inventor 11 was not built for Windows 7.

Re: [Solved] Autodesk Inventor 11 Series installed at Windows 7 32bit Sucessfully

Hi WilliamK

Please help with installing Inventor 11 on Win 7. I cannot contact you by PM or email until I have made 3 posts (a very odd rule). I assume that you can PM or email me. My account is set so that I can receive emails from members.

Thanks

Re: [Solved] Autodesk Inventor 11 Series installed at Windows 7 32bit Sucessfully

WilliamK

I see that you have made just one post which means that you cannot send a PM (strange).
Thanks

Last edited:

One more post and I can contact others. Yipee!

its was not easy to install it, but after made a lot of adjustments I was able to install Inventor 11 to my customers computer with Windows 7. Please contact-us we can support you from the internet. Send a private message to us.

Important: You must have original media from Autodesk; Autodesk support does not confirm that you can do it, they say the Inventor 11 was not built for Windows 7.

Hi WilliamK,
Please help me, i have the same problem with Inventor 11 and W7.

thanks

I'm not sure how but some people have concluded that I have been able to install Inventor 11 on a Win 7 machine successfully. I have not. I have "installed" it but it is not working properly. Specifically, I can open a part file but not an assembly.

Before installing go to the installation CD and change the properties of the setup file so that it will install as a XP SP2 compatible program. Also check the box to run it as an administrator. After installation make sure the inventor.exe file has the same properties. Also make sure the installation folder is set for full access for all users.

If I ever get it working correctly I will report it here.

Please stop emailing.

Ok dvogel1,
I'll try that.

thanks anyway.

There is a viable Win7 alternative. It is possible to install a XP on Win7 in a virtual environment. First you have to install Windows Virtual PC and then XP. This option does work and I have used Inventor without problem in this way. But it is slow and awkward so I decided not to use it.

The best alternative is to install XP on a second hard drive or drive partition (dual boot arrangement). It works perfectly.

Back