Windows 7 Avira AntiVir has screwd up my startup, need to remove it...

MarcEchavarria

I installed Avira on my Win7 Lenovo, and configured it with an early startup...
now one of the Avira file is corrupt, and I need to edit the startup some how...
I can edit files with a text editor, and copy files...
but I cant start he computer...

I was wondering if anyone could think of a creative way to fix the startup, either replacing the startup of a fresh windows7 install maybe...
or a creative way to edit the windows7 startup... I neeeeeed to keep this working...
formating is the last option...

anything? 0_o well, thanks in advance. :]

The problem is that I can't get to safe mode, it still goes to startup repair...
Very annoying.
I hope you can see this as a fun chalenge, as I do, but I need to know what files hold the information to startup in windows 7, or if I could swap a file from a fresh install?
I dunno, I have an external harddrive, a Linux live disc, a windows 7 install disc, and two harddrives, one the one I'm trying to fix, and one with Linux.
I seriously think it would be possible to swap a few files... I'm just getting tired of bit being able to use it, I reaaaalllly don't want to format. :/

You could use the Linux live disc to delete all folders and files of Avira. You'll have to be thorough and get em all, like in Windows\System32, User folder (both user and all users, if existing), Program Files etc...everything.

Then let startup repair do its thing. Up to 3 consecutive runs may be necessary. Then it should boot to desktop.

Then use the Avira removal tool in safe mode to be sure all of it is completely gone.

Back