Windows 10 Backing out of folders on a Windows 10 Lumina 950 phone

Aymincendiary

Once I'm in a certain folder in Windows 10 on a Lumina 950, I can't get out. I have a number of videos on my phone but when I'm done watching them I'm trapped in that folder and the only way out and to be able to use the phone for anything else is to power down and restart the device. Please don't tell me this is the only way out of this folder. I'm going to T-Mobile tomorrow and having one of the reps show me how to back out of the folder as doing Google and YouTube searches leaves me searching through hundreds of irrelevant posts and tutorials.

Solution
There are three dots to the bottom that read Cast to device, zoom to fill, repeat, autoplay, play as 360 degree (uses a symbol not on my keyboard) video. There's an arrow going right which will play the next video. There's a conversation icon which allows for subtitles, choose a subtitle file, Audio, and a checkmark for language type. On the bottom there's a forward arrow which will allow the current video to play and a 30 with an arrow in a crescent shape atop. You can move to the next video and play it. You can play the current video. Since I chose the top video in the folder there is no video or left arrow going back. However there is no exit form this playing mode once inside. I don't want to believe Microsoft programmed Windows 10...
You do not see an Up Arrow in the top right hand corner as pictured?

I appreciate your response. I had a Lumina 521 several years back with Win 8 and this was much easier to use, however that phone is grossly inadequate for use today. I'm in the actual Videos folder and this up arrow does not exist. I can go back one video, I can go forward one video, I can play the current video but I don't see how to get out of that folder at all. I will take the phone to T-Mobile and watch the sales rep demonstrate how to move out of that folder so I can use the phone for something else once I am in that folder. I Googled and YouTubed this question I had before posting however the responses on the search were far too broad and not pertaining to my particular application. It's no wonder Microsoft has abandoned Windows 10 Mobile; it is not user friendly like Android and older Windows Mobile platforms which I'm moving away from. Once this device is no longer adequate for the current technology I'll be forced to move to either Apple iOS or Android as there will be no Windows phones on the market anymore. I bought it refurbished on Newegg knowing that Windows Mobile support is falling by the wayside because my current ZTE Warp Ellite phone has a dying battery and it is not replaceable. I enjoyed my Lumina 521 however with a 4" screen and only 512 MB of system RAM it will not play the graphic intensive videos I create in Adobe After Effects.

There are three dots to the bottom that read Cast to device, zoom to fill, repeat, autoplay, play as 360 degree (uses a symbol not on my keyboard) video. There's an arrow going right which will play the next video. There's a conversation icon which allows for subtitles, choose a subtitle file, Audio, and a checkmark for language type. On the bottom there's a forward arrow which will allow the current video to play and a 30 with an arrow in a crescent shape atop. You can move to the next video and play it. You can play the current video. Since I chose the top video in the folder there is no video or left arrow going back. However there is no exit form this playing mode once inside. I don't want to believe Microsoft programmed Windows 10 Mobile this way but it seems the only way to back out and go back to the directory tree, or anywhere else on the phone is to power cycle the device and go back to the menu screen.

I'm going to leave it right where it's at until tomorrow when I get the SIM card and service for this phone and have someone at T-Mobile back out of this video viewer screen for me and post the solution here so it can help the next person behind me. If I don't power cycle the device the next time I wake it up it is right back in the video play mode.

Solution
Here's the screen I'm in and where I go until I power cycle the device. I had to take this with my web cam because my other Android phone is no longer recognized by Windows and I can't transfer the picture to my computer other than email it to myself.

Attachments

• Picture 5.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 155

Thank you it would be good of you to post a howto once they've shown you.