Backyard Photos

Adamsappleone

U.S.Navy D.A.V.
Hey all, took some photos of some Arizona wildlife, from our backyard.

Diamondback Rattlesnake,
1st and 2nd photos is about 10 yards off the back deck, this guy was very agitated as the dogs were barking at it;
2vanpeh.jpg 15wmq39.jpg

3rd and 4th photos, taken right off the back deck, this was snake #2, which had been under the deck for a while.
2w1tsv4.jpg 2yyttvl.jpg

Here is a couple shots of a Great Horned Owl that's been in a Palo Verde tree in our front yard,

slphds.jpg 69gfvc.jpg

Pretty dang cool huh?

Pretty scary stuff for us over in the UK . Rattle snakes and in the backyard . Would take some getting used to ! Nice pictures by the way :)

Not the venomous kind . Would be sitting down for a picnic and feeling mighty uneasy . Guess if you are born to it you are fine . I would be looking everywhere and unable to relax !

Wow ! That is some video . One hungry snake .

In our part of the country we too have some rattle snakes. I've personally come across the eastern diamondback and the timber rattler (canebrake) in our backyard, although they are rare sightings in our next of the woods. Though at the time we were living next to a sod field surrounded by 1000's of acre's of woods and a creek near by. Always see a cotton mouth (water moccasin) and copper heads on the road next to our drive entrance where the creek is. With kids playing around it's a scary feeling.

Got a few more from the other night.
Been here 11 years now and spent a few years up in Apache Junction, outside of Phoenix, first time I've seen one up close and personal.

Gila Monster, pronounced (He-la) for those who don't know.

14u8k7k.jpg

oism8o.jpg

29ppyiw.jpg

Pretty dang cool.

Don

Have a few more from over the summer;

This is a baby Kangaroo Mouse;
2aangq0.jpg

These are Peccaries or Javelinas or Skunk Pig, depends on where you live, in AZ we call them Javelinas;
You'll notice the front knees are bare, actually they are calloused, sometimes they kneel to eat.
snp2yt.jpg

2dcijrl.jpg

fu5l5l.jpg

These are from the other night, saw him crawling around in the driveway and had to scoot him off so my Daughter wouldn't run over it when she came home; the orange/yellow glow is from a flashlight; This guy was huge, to give you an idea, look at your hand and spread your fingers out.
Tarantula;
6o21rp.jpg

11j7ixj.jpg

143gbbs.jpg

Back