Windows 7 Best registry cleaner for window 7 ?

I would stay away from registry cleaners, they do more harm than good. That being said if you MUST use one the one in CCleaner is one of the safest.

the best? probably doing it manually by hand using regedit... but for the impatient... CCleaner

Thanks to highwayman and monkey74..for give their opinion i know about CC cleaner also using it........your response make me trust that I'm using perfect cleaner for mine System

Yes,you can clean your regidit by your hand (run->regedit ) this way you can search key words then delete them anytime.

Yes,good idea. Your windows 7 is pro or home permium ?

Win 7 HP x64.

I guess the thing about cleaning your reg with apps is to actually read what is about to deleted and not just press any button and hope it works. I must admit i have done that in the past but after a few mishaps you tend to learn :cool:. CCleaner actually tells you to back up your registry as well every time you run it....unless you turn the warnings off in the settings menu.

I intalled win7 and backup (ghost)

How do you like Ghost? I take it you are using version 15, I here a lot of people not liking it with WIN 7. I line Norton products overall I am using Norton Save & Restore 2.0 on a few XP machines. I use Acronis True Home Image 2011 on two Win 7 machines and I know it has got bad reviews as well.

A little OFF TOPIC..... Ghost is not a registry cleaner.
But Ghost 11.5, the DOS version works great and backs up Vista or Win-7 and can be run from any boot disk, CD, or Flash Drive.
I use it for all versions of Windows. It looks and runs exactly like Ghost 2003 and some older versions, so it's familiar and easy to
use for us Old Timers who have used Ghost for many years.

But "AVG Tune-Up" is and it works great. It even has an Internet Optimizer that can greatly speed up your internet connection. (for most people).
It's not FREE but it is worth the investment.

For years I used "Easy Cleaner 2" to get rid of junk files and clean my registry, but it's not been updated for use with Vista and Win-7.

Cheers mates!
Old Timer :cool:

For years I used "Easy Cleaner 2" to get rid of junk files and clean my registry, but it's not been updated for use with Vista and Win-7.

That is probably partly due to the fact that both of those OS's are not XP. Where XP may have benefited from cleaning the registry everything I have read says Win 7 does not.

To each their own but IMHO any miniscule increase in performance that MAY be obtained by cleaning the registry is far outweighed by the potential damage that can be done. Even when using so called foolproof programs such as CCleaner.

Don't read much do you? I clearly said I'm currently using AVG Tune-Up.
I've said many times on many forums that CCleaner destroyed my HD twice over a span of several years.
I don't want that program anywhere near my PC. And since I control that, it won't be.

You use what you want and I'll use what I want and don't criticize me for my choice. OK?

The Registry is one of the parts of Windows that has to load into RAM on boot-up. So the smaller and better organized it is, the more efficiently it will run and the less ram it will occupy. But suit yourself. Let your registry get bloated with dead links and fragmentation. It's your computer that will suffer, not mine. Eh?
Mine runs like a scalded dog, and I don't get that performance without a little effort.

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
:anonymous:

Last edited:
Don't read much do you? I clearly said I'm currently using AVG Tune-Up.
I've said many times on many forums that CCleaner destroyed my HD twice over a span of several years.
I don't want that program anywhere near my PC. And since I control that, it won't be.

You use what you want and I'll use what I want and don't criticize me for my choice. OK?

The Registry is one of the parts of Windows that has to load into RAM on boot-up. So the smaller and better organized it is, the more efficiently it will run and the less ram it will occupy. But suit yourself. Let your registry get bloated with dead links and fragmentation. It's your computer that will suffer, not mine. Eh?
Mine runs like a scalded dog, and I don't get that performance without a little effort.

Y'all have a great day now, Y'hear?
:anonymous:

You are about the only person I know of who has had problems with Ccleaner. I had some bad experiences with others in the past. It's a good idea to do at least a registry backup and preferably a system image before messing with registry manually or with assorted registry cleaner/tuneup software.
Joe

Last edited:

Attachments

• default.JPG
    default.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
The website officially continues to endorse Uniblue RegistryBooster as a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner developed application. This sponsorship is quite biased, as we have a commission agreement with them to help keep the site operational. However, it does get the job done. Not every registry cleaner will be perfect, but the paid solutions have R&D dollars behind them. This makes applications like TuneUp Utilities, Ace Utilities, and others also perfect examples of why you might want to purchase commercial software as opposed to using CCleaner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Granted, I'm the only brown egg in the carton of white eggs, the 800# Gorilla on the bus and I'm so old school that I still run XP......on a FAT-32 formatted HD. So please believe me when I say something that you've not seen or personally experienced. I don't come here to lie to y'all. Eh? I've been a computer tech since around 1980 and I've tried just about everything that's come along since then, except for computer networking.

After some disastrous results with 'certain' programs, (never to be mentioned again) I always back up my C: drive before trying out something new. Good advise for anyone, but it seems exceptionally good and proper for me.

Before I will endorse any program I test it out on several of my 14 computers, running different hardware and different OS's. Yes, I still have one '98 and one ME pc still running.

Many have said that Windows 7 does not require registry cleaning. That's OK. But, Windows UN-Installer still does not clean out all the registry entries for every program that it UN-Installs. You'd think that by now, MS would have that matter settled, Eh? Not so.....
I often use Revo Uninstaller to clean up after the Windows Un-Installer and boy does it find a lot of registry entries that were left behind.

So do clean up your registry, or don't clean up your registry, that's up to y'alls. But just be aware that an awful lot of so-called registry cleaners are just so much Snake Oil. The TV ad's for "Clean up my PC" are the pits! I hope no-one falls for that stuff.

Let me close now, before this becomes a rant. Eh?

Thank you all for putting up with this Old Timer.

:cool:

Back