Windows 10 BitLock key with deleted microsoft account

MarieMusterfrau

Hello
I was using an microsoft account from my school (for the office products) , and it seems like they deleted my account. So far so good. But now my Computer does not boot normally. It now wants me to enter a key (BitLock). Otherwise I can not start my device. And I need the key to recover my files on my disk.

And that key is supposed to be on my microsoft account. But my account does not exist anymore, like I pointed out in the beginning. So I cant find the key there. Also I wasn't able to find it at aka.ms/myrecoverykey (but I may just be bad at looking... if you have a tip, where it is supposed to be there, please tell me).

How do I get in my PC now?:(
Do you have any idea how I could get access to my PC?

Last edited:
I was using an microsoft account from my school (for the office products)
the office products being Word, Excel etc as in Office works?
yes = the key you get from a school is only for the time you are actually at school, normally the account is good for 1 year at a time and you can reset it by going back to school to do another course like cert iV in sleeping during class... the account will be linked to your school email address not Microsoft

a far better option is to goto any shop selling software and buy a licenced copy of office works Xp or 98... don't buy office 365 because that is a subscription service and only good for 1 year where as older copies are the buy it then own it forever type that todays kids don't know anything about

personally I don't use office anymore as there are dozens of 3rd party options that do a better job

the office products being Word, Excel etc as in Office works?
yes = the key you get from a school is only for the time you are actually at school, normally the account is good for 1 year at a time and you can reset it by going back to school to do another course like cert iV in sleeping during class... the account will be linked to your school email address not Microsoft

a far better option is to goto any shop selling software and buy a licenced copy of office works Xp or 98... don't buy office 365 because that is a subscription service and only good for 1 year where as older copies are the buy it then own it forever type that todays kids don't know anything about

personally I don't use office anymore as there are dozens of 3rd party options that do a better job
Obviously, I expressed myself very poorly - I'm sorry for that, English is not my native language. What I ment was that I cannot use my PC at all, not only the Office Products. I prevents me from starting it and asks for the so called BitLock key. So I'm not worried about the office products, I'm worried about my data on my device. Like my files and stuff.
I hope I made it more clear this time. Thank you for your answer anyway. Also I changed the original post in order to make it more understandable

If you haven't already try just rebooting the device. Sometimes this should bring it back to the login screen.
Once you login I would suggest either decrypting the drive or export the recovery key.

If a reboot brings you back to the same screen your only option would be to reimage the computer. Without the key you don't have any other option unfortunately.

If you haven't already try just rebooting the device. Sometimes this should bring it back to the login screen.
Once you login I would suggest either decrypting the drive or export the recovery key.

If a reboot brings you back to the same screen your only option would be to reimage the computer. Without the key you don't have any other option unfortunately.
These are bad news. But thank you for your time to write that

Today I had a similar situation on one of the work PCs in our office. It was very strange and more like a ground from a fired employee. I was able to access PC via safe mode and transfer all files to another drive. After that, I just reinstalled Windows. If you have problems with Bitlocker, you can use software such as EFS Recovery. This is the case if you have lost the encryption key.

It's not necessary because of an external firing force. BitLocker is a bomb dropped by Microsoft onto Windows customers, and has countless absurd excuses for demanding an unknown recovery key at any moment. This includes changing the BIOS or UEFI firmware boot priority, inserting or removing an optical disc as part of normal use if the CD/DVD reader happens to be higher than the internal HDD in the boot priority, creating or resizing a partition, enabling or disabling firmware support for booting from USB, a firmware upgrade such as the automatic UEFI updates through Windows Update, inserting a wireless card into the computer, inserting a keyboard with a different layout, pressing F8 or F10 during startup, or using the single time firmware boot choice menu.

Back