Windows 7 Bizaar prob w/IExplorer 8

kevin from Chi-town

So I'm running IE 8 on one of my XP machines...and I've come across this problem. I was taking a screenshot and pasted it into paint. Everytime I clicked on save as...paint automatically closed., not letting me save to anywhere. Anybody else?

It sounds like you're encountering an issue with Internet Explorer 8 and Paint on your Windows XP machine where Paint closes automatically when you try to save a screenshot. This could be due to various reasons such as system instability, software conflicts, or issues with the applications themselves. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this problem:

1. Check for Updates: Ensure that both Internet Explorer 8 and Paint are up to date. Microsoft might have released patches or updates that address such issues.

2. Run in Compatibility Mode: Consider running Internet Explorer 8 in compatibility mode for Paint. To do this, right-click on the IE 8 shortcut, go to Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select an earlier version of Windows.

3. Check for System Errors: Run a system scan with an antivirus program to check for any malware that could be causing instability.

4. Test with Another Image Editing Software: Try pasting the screenshot into a different image editing software to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to Paint or a more general system issue.

5. Save Image with Different File Format: Instead of using "Save As," try saving the image with a different file format (e.g., PNG or JPEG) to see if the issue is format-specific.

6. Reinstall or Repair Paint: If the problem persists, consider reinstalling or repairing Paint on your system. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features, finding Paint in the list, and choosing either repair or uninstall/reinstall.

7. Check System Resources: Make sure your computer has enough resources (RAM, disk space) available when you attempt to save the image.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it might require further investigation or troubleshooting specific to your system configuration. Feel free to provide more details if you need additional assistance.

Back