Windows 7 Blue screen of death

francoeurdavid

I'm having a lot of Blue screen of deaths and i's really pissing me off because every time I shutdown my computer after a BSOD I'm having a BIOS error that tells me "You have a disk error press control alt delete to reboot. and I must unplug the PC to get in in W7 seven back again. Anyone knows where it comes from?

Build 7057

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
2 GB of memory tested and working
500G Seagate hard drive
8800 GTS 320 MB
EVGA nForce 680i SLI motherboard

I don't know if it's a KIS error because as long as I can remember I didn't have this error before installing it.

Thanks a lot :D

I'm having a lot of Blue screen of deaths and i's really pissing me off because every time I shutdown my computer after a BSOD I'm having a BIOS error that tells me "You have a disk error press control alt delete to reboot. and I must unplug the PC to get in in W7 seven back again. Anyone knows where it comes from?

Build 7057

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
2 GB of memory tested and working
500G Seagate hard drive
8800 GTS 320 MB
EVGA nForce 680i SLI motherboard

I don't know if it's a KIS error because as long as I can remember I didn't have this error before installing it.

Thanks a lot :D
View the Event log once you are back on Windows Desktop and locate critical error log for clues.

Click Start > Search programs and files and in that search box type eve {ENTER]
Most likely causes Video Adapter driver incompatibility. Install Vista drivers for your Win 7 Bits from EVGA site for your MoBo starting with Chipset and then Video , audio etc using DM .
Sorry too late tonight to type a detailed help and hence this 'telegraphic' type answer.

Link Removed due to 404 Error
This is a kernel error, but I ain't have a power problem and I installed nvidia drivers for Windows 7 64 bits for my card.

And its 11:10 and I had no problem since the KIS 2009 uninstallation. How can Kaspersky crash my computer with a kernel error? (if its the case)

Thanks a lot, I didn't remember about the evenets viwer :D

Last edited:
Link Removed due to 404 Error
This is a kernel error, but I ain't have a power problem and I installed nvidia drivers for Windows 7 64 bits for my card.

And its 11:10 and I had no problem since the KIS 2009 uninstallation. How can Kaspersky crash my computer with a kernel error? (if its the case)

Thanks a lot, I didn't remember about the evenets viwer :D
You may need BIOS troubleshoot -the Neuro surgery of Computer Troubleshooters. Check this URL for some tips and read carefully the discussion Windows 7 crash - Page 2 - Windows 7 Forums
Read your MoBO Manual on BIOS setup and take several trips to your BIOS setup and go through each menu and submenu and their settings with a fine- toothed- comb before you attempt to save any changes you make in the mock section. Remove any resource hogs off of your PC.

Will check this thread in 14-16 hrs from now. Good luck. By the way Win 7 Build 7052 is the worst I have dealt with and BUILD 7042 and the latest ( after 7052) floating around are good.

Ok, I use 7057 and I things my BIOS is fine but I'll stil ltake a look.

I found on google that this error maybe a power management problem, a fail to sleep error or something.

Back