Windows 10 BSOD 3-4 times a day :-(

designasite

Hi There

Please I hope you can help me, I'm no expert with windows so I need your help to find out why my acer laptop is crashing up to 4 times a day showing the blue screen of death. It started after windows 10 anniversary upgrade.

My business is online (web design) and I'm loosing money very time windows crashes :-(

I have no malware or any viruses on my computer, I have windows defender and kaspersky anti virus.
I have also done a memory test and all is well with RAM running like it should.

Please I seriously don't know what else to do I have done so much in loading this and running that and still the problem persist.

Thank you in advance....
Kind Regards
Sue

Attachments

• blue screen crash report.txt
    47.9 KB · Views: 557
  • Upgrade History.jpg
    Upgrade History.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 436
  • System Information.jpg
    System Information.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 420
Hi Sue,
as Neem's rightly say's we need to see your actual dump files to be able to help properly as these are created at the time of the bsod and carry related information. They can be found in a folder marked 'Minidump' in the main Windows folder on the C drive.

If your system isn't set up to produce them then the above thread will show you how. In the mean time try running these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Update your system drivers. These can be found via your laptops support page on the manufacture's website. If your unsure on where to find them please post the make and model of your machine as we'll look for you.

Hi There

Thank you so much for your reply ...

I did run the following file scans .... sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
there was no problems ... I also updated about 10 drivers ... did check acer website for updates but all my stuff is up to date even later versions.

I still get the BSOD ... did not get it yesterday but after switching on my laptop this morning and running it for about 20 min ... it happened with the following code: BAD_POOL_CALLER

Attached is the dump files ... hope you can help me.
Thanks
Kind Regards
Sue

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 326
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C2, {7, 44696457, b0005, ffffd18c17cfbc70}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlanu.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlanu.sys
fffff803ad02d338: Unable to get MiVisibleState
Probably caused by : wdiwifi.sys ( wdiwifi!CAdapter::FreeWfcFrame+88 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi Sue,
thanks for sending in the dump files.

I had a look through your dump files and a couple of things were notable.

The blue screen looks like it's being caused by a WiFi driver namely rtwlanu.sys = Realtek RTLxxxxx Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter. This appears a number of times throughout the Call stack which makes it prime candidate.

I popped along to your system support page at Acer to check for an update. Laptop drivers are supplied by the laptops manufacturer and must be used as other versions can cause problems (apart from some gpu drivers.)

It seems driver support for your laptop ended at Windows 8.1.
Product support

I notice however that your drivers are dated 2016, did you download them from somewhere else or use an app to find them?

So even though the driver on the support page is older it is the correct driver for your machine. Now you can try and install it although windows is likely to pop up a message saying it has a more up to date version already installed.

If the bsod only started up recently you might be able to do a system restore and go back before it started although this will still leave you in the position of no driver support.

Your machine will run Windows 10 fine, as you have discovered, but as soon as there's a driver related issue you won't have the support needed. Which is kinda where your at now.

Ultimately your probably better off returning to your old operating system as you will at least have driver support.

Back