Windows 7 BSOD After Playing CSGO For A While

PerForm

Thanks In Advance For All Those Willing To Help With The Issue.

BSOD occurs once every 4 hours or so of playing CS:GO. Please let me know if any additional information is needed beyond the attached file. Hardware temps are all good, especially after a good cleaning last week.

Windows 7 Home 64 Bit

Thanks you much.

Attachments

• W7F_11-07-2015.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 543
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800e09b010, fffff88003e52cec, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+ccec )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
out of the three dump files sent, one was too corrupted to read, another was for severe memory management (Bugcheck 1A) and the other is the above. The Bugcheck 1A is slightly worrying as it may mean you have a bad stick of RAM (regardless of whether it's new or not) but let's go one by one and fix the above first. The above dump file means your graphics driver crashed but didn't reset itself in a certain amount of time hence the bsod.
AMD recently released a new Whql driver (15.7). Use this application to remove the old driver:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30
This will ensure any loose bit's left hanging around will be removed.

Install the latest AMD whql
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

Post any new dump files.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800e09b010, fffff88003e52cec, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+ccec )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
out of the three dump files sent, one was too corrupted to read, another was for severe memory management (Bugcheck 1A) and the other is the above. The Bugcheck 1A is slightly worrying as it may mean you have a bad stick of RAM (regardless of whether it's new or not) but let's go one by one and fix the above first. The above dump file means your graphics driver crashed but didn't reset itself in a certain amount of time hence the bsod.
AMD recently released a new Whql driver (15.7). Use this application to remove the old driver:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30
This will ensure any loose bit's left hanging around will be removed.

Install the latest AMD whql
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

Post any new dump files.

Thank You.

I am on 15.7 now and will post new dump files if BSOD occurs again.

Thank you for the update. Hope all goes well but if not just post back.. :)

Thank you for the update. Hope all goes well but if not just post back.. :)

I have not experienced any BSOD since the graphic driver update, however 2 times in the past week my machine has froze and not crashed while playing a game. 3 times in the past week my machine has simply crashed to the restart in normal or safe mode screen. I reran the W7F Diagnostic tool and attached the fold however no new dump files have been created so i am not sure how much help it will be, perhaps a bad stick of ram mentioned earlier?

As always, thanks for the help in advance.

Attachments

• W7F_21-07-2015.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 510
Hi,
freezing can be caused by a multitude of different things but I guess the most common causes are heat or should I say over-heating due to say dust or overclocking. If you haven't cleared the system out for dust bunnies then please do so. You will probably be surprised at how much there is if you've never done it or it's been a while. A small paint brush is invaluable in helping to remove the harder to reach bits.

Another cause can be old or out of date software as well as corruption. Look for command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as administrator. Type (or copy and paste):
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

I noticed that some of your Asus apps are dated 2005 (particularly the ATK utility). Please update these if possible. You should find later versions on the motherboard support page under utility:
M4A87TD EVO - Support
(I notice the ATK driver is the last download in the menu)

Hope this helps, post back if there is no change.

Hi,
freezing can be caused by a multitude of different things but I guess the most common causes are heat or should I say over-heating due to say dust or overclocking. If you haven't cleared the system out for dust bunnies then please do so. You will probably be surprised at how much there is if you've never done it or it's been a while. A small paint brush is invaluable in helping to remove the harder to reach bits.

Another cause can be old or out of date software as well as corruption. Look for command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as administrator. Type (or copy and paste):
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

I noticed that some of your Asus apps are dated 2005 (particularly the ATK utility). Please update these if possible. You should find later versions on the motherboard support page under utility:
M4A87TD EVO - Support
(I notice the ATK driver is the last download in the menu)

Hope this helps, post back if there is no change.

I cleaned and checked all hardware temperatures prior to creating this thread so I know it is not a over-heating issue, no overclocking either. I will try to post a hardware temp screenshot next time my system is under a heavy load.

I updated all 22 Motherboard Utilities and attached the sfc/scannow results allong with the CBS log.

I will post back if the drivers fixed the issue or if they didn't

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 401
  • CBS.zip
    136.6 KB · Views: 220
Sounds good. I did have a quick look at the log files and the files which couldn't be repaired are to do with telemetry. I guess sending results back to Microsoft or something like that. Anyway if issues return please post back with any new dump files.

Back