Windows 7 BSOD after putting computer to sleep

lazybumG

Recently, whenever I put my computer to sleep and come later, I find that my computer has a BSOD. I have attached my minidump files. Any help on the situation is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Attachments

• minidumpfiles.zip
    896.8 KB · Views: 318
Recently, whenever I put my computer to sleep and come later, I find that my computer has a BSOD. I have attached my minidump files. Any help on the situation is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

unfortunately your system is showing as .gdr patched so there are no symbols available for debugger to work and the NT kernel is unrecognizable ?

please run an elevated cmd prompt "where /r c:\ /f /t ntoskrnl.* > 0 & start notepad 0" then upload and post the notepad output here ?

bluescreenview says this is a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x9f which is usually caused by a driver that doesn't support coming out of sleep mode or an intefering antivirus/firewall as cause, although at this point I don't suspect avira ;)

sleep on a windows system can often be very difficult to achieve and frequently unpredictable, you have some very old drivers on your system and a modem installed which I doubt you are using ?

In order to give yourself the best chance you need to install all the latest drivers for your system .......

1. go to your motherboard manufacturers website and check your bios version and update as necessary
  2. then update your chipset and devices drivers from your motherboard manufacturers website
  3. then update all drivers for any third party devices you have
  4. remove all old programs (pre 2008)for the purpose of debugging
  5. search for afs.sys and rename it to something like afs.txt << possibly installed by a cd rom access program or old version of itunes ?
  6. unninstall your hexadecimal editor (or hardware diagnostic tool) "TVicPort " as the driver for it is old and likely to cause issue
  7. unninstall your Modem Audio Device Driver - SoftK56 Modem Driver - Conexant Systems, Inc. then disable your v92 modem in the bios as this is loading a very old driver from 2006
  8. check in device manager for any devices that may need updating , there is an SMI Driver for Lenovo system if you can find a device to match that ?

thanks to Usasma he has listed here >> The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

let us know how it goes :)

unfortunately your system is showing as .gdr patched so there are no symbols available for debugger to work and the NT kernel is unrecognizable ?

please run an elevated cmd prompt "where /r c:\ /f /t ntoskrnl.* > 0 & start notepad 0" then upload and post the notepad output here ?

bluescreenview says this is a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x9f which is usually caused by a driver that doesn't support coming out of sleep mode or an intefering antivirus/firewall as cause, although at this point I don't suspect avira ;)

sleep on a windows system can often be very difficult to achieve and frequently unpredictable, you have some very old drivers on your system and a modem installed which I doubt you are using ?

In order to give yourself the best chance you need to install all the latest drivers for your system .......

1. go to your motherboard manufacturers website and check your bios version and update as necessary
  2. then update your chipset and devices drivers from your motherboard manufacturers website
  3. then update all drivers for any third party devices you have
  4. remove all old programs (pre 2008)for the purpose of debugging
  5. search for afs.sys and rename it to something like afs.txt << possibly installed by a cd rom access program or old version of itunes ?
  6. unninstall your hexadecimal editor (or hardware diagnostic tool) "TVicPort " as the driver for it is old and likely to cause issue
  7. unninstall your Modem Audio Device Driver - SoftK56 Modem Driver - Conexant Systems, Inc. then disable your v92 modem in the bios as this is loading a very old driver from 2006
  8. check in device manager for any devices that may need updating , there is an SMI Driver for Lenovo system if you can find a device to match that ?

thanks to Usasma he has listed here >> The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

let us know how it goes :)

Thanks, ickymay. BSOD has not appeared since. I disabled the modem and did an overall system update search. I made all recommended and optional updates. This seemed enough to do the trick. I ran the elevated cmd prompt and it's attached. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 0.txt
    864 bytes · Views: 409
Thanks, ickymay. BSOD has not appeared since. I disabled the modem and did an overall system update search. I made all recommended and optional updates. This seemed enough to do the trick. I ran the elevated cmd prompt and it's attached. Thanks again.

glad to hear it may have worked, let us know how it goes :)

Back