Windows 7 BSOD and CPU @ 90-100% problems

Akarian

Ok, so I recently upgraded to Windows 7, about a week ago. Since then I have been getting BSOD's when I am not using my computer, generally when it goes to sleep for a while. I work 12 hour days and every time I come home the computer is either off or has the "Windows recoverd from a BSOD" message. ALSO, my computer will run it's CPU at 90-100% constantly after I open Firefox and iTunes, this will continue untill I restart, then it will go back to 2%.

I am using an AMD Phenom quad core processor with the 64 bit retail version of Windows 7 with 6 gigs of ram. I was using Vista 64 bit before I upgraded.

Is there a way to fix this or should I just try reverting back to Vista?

Ok, so I recently upgraded to Windows 7, about a week ago. Since then I have been getting BSOD's when I am not using my computer, generally when it goes to sleep for a while. I work 12 hour days and every time I come home the computer is either off or has the "Windows recoverd from a BSOD" message. ALSO, my computer will run it's CPU at 90-100% constantly after I open Firefox and iTunes, this will continue untill I restart, then it will go back to 2%.

I am using an AMD Phenom quad core processor with the 64 bit retail version of Windows 7 with 6 gigs of ram. I was using Vista 64 bit before I upgraded.

Is there a way to fix this or should I just try reverting back to Vista?
Hi Akarian,
welcome to the forum..:) Sorry to hear your 7 installation is playing up but hopefully we can sort it out. I notice you wrote 'upgraded'... If this is how you installed 7..(upgraded from vista 64bit to 7 64bit) then I strongly suggest to re-install but making sure that you boot from disk and do a clean install. We've had many posts regarding this issue and a clean install is almost always the solution..

Back
Top Bottom