Windows 10 bsod memory management when trying to install flight sim 2020

Anthony96

when i try to install msfs when its installing the aircraft ,scenery and etc. i get the blue screen of death it says your pc ran in to a problem
memory management from time to time
i can only install the program from the Xbox app the 2 gb app from the store but not anything else
Platform
[PC] Digital - Windows Store
Operating System
Windows 10
Operating system build version
Device name WINDOWS-OKEHM2I Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Device ID DAFEA606-ADB9-4DFF-B23E-3AA7B2D6EF71 Product ID 00330-51482-57676-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Microsoft Flight Simulator Build version

The "Memory Management" error you are encountering during the installation of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 indicates that there might be an issue with your computer's memory modules or settings. Here are a few possible solutions to resolve this problem:

1. Update Windows: Make sure your Windows 10 operating system is up to date by installing the latest updates. Sometimes, outdated system files can cause memory-related issues.

2. Check RAM Compatibility: Verify that the RAM modules installed in your system are compatible with your motherboard. Incompatible RAM can lead to stability issues. You can refer to your motherboard's manual or manufacturer's website for a list of supported RAM modules.

3. Test Memory Modules: Run a memory diagnostic tool, such as Windows Memory Diagnostic or Memtest86, to check for any potential issues with your RAM. These tools will help identify if any memory modules are faulty.

4. Reseat RAM: Open your computer's case and reseat the RAM modules. Sometimes, loose connections can cause memory-related problems. Remove the RAM modules carefully, clean the contacts, and then reinsert them firmly into their slots.

5. Adjust Virtual Memory: Increase the size of your virtual memory (page file) to provide additional memory space. To do this, right-click on the "This PC" or "My Computer" icon, select "Properties," go to the "Advanced system settings" tab, click on the "Settings" button under the Performance section, go to the "Advanced" tab, and click on the "Change" button under the Virtual Memory section. Uncheck the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" option, select the drive in which your operating system is installed, choose the "Custom size" option, and set both the "Initial size" and "Maximum size" to the recommended values or higher.

6. Disable Overclocking: If you have overclocked your system's CPU or RAM, revert the settings back to their default values. Overclocking can sometimes cause instability and memory-related errors.

7. Check for Driver Updates: Ensure that all your device drivers are up to date, especially your graphics card driver. Outdated or faulty drivers can lead to various system issues, including memory management errors.

8. Test in Safe Mode: Try installing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in Safe Mode to determine if any third-party applications or services are causing conflicts during installation. If the installation completes successfully in Safe Mode, it suggests that there may be a compatibility problem with a software running in the background.

If none of the above solutions resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft support or the game's official support channels for further assistance. They might be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps for your particular situation.

ime its always the bullshit default location that bluescreens Microsoft store software during downloads
the default location for store is C users %username% appdata local %package% "software-name" and the %package% part of that path BELONGS to Microsoft so you don't have any permissions

my recommend for any software is change that path ;
by default all software from the store downloads a exe to install then shows the default path to download the 120 [ish] gigs needed to run FS
pick a fast drive if you have one because FS draws from the download folder during play and pick D drive if you can because that gives you permissions to use the files

very important of you want to mod [add 3rd party software] to any Microsoft purchase

Back
Top Bottom