Windows 7 BSOD NEW PC

RyuHayabusa

Had a BSOD after updating a Windows Security Update listed as (Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2532531)) and adding a password for User Admin. Account. After install of this update it asked to reboot. Then the BSOD's began. First attempt reset machine completely. Next reboot, BSOD followed by Windows asking if I wished to use System Restore, selected no. Third reboot same procedure and prompts, selected no on restore. Forth time, it booted fine with no problems. Have since rebooted three additional times with no issues. Is there anything I need to worry about now that's it's working fine?

Attachments

• RyuHayabusa.zip
    649.9 KB · Views: 235
There are no memory dumps in the uploaded files.
One memory dump (STOP 0xA) listed in the WER section of MSINFO32 - analysis was inconclusive
Please check to make sure the system is set to generate minidumps: Set MiniDump
If using CCleaner to clean the system, please make sure that it doesn't delete the memory dumps (or just stop using it while we're troubleshooting).

You don't have SP1 installed
SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

You have a RT2500 USB Wireless LAN Card
I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices. Especially in Win7/Win8 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7(and I suspect with Win8) - using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7/Win8 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

If this doesn't stop the BSOD's, then please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Good luck!

Back