Windows 7 bsod under moderate graphics load

lemonlime123

Hi, i recently build a computer using these parts:
ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G USB 3.0 HDMI Motherboard
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333
(and the rest are insignificant)

the board came with a ati radeon hd 4250 integrated into it, which i'm using for the moment. I installed the drivers that came with it and later updated with the latest ones online, but i still get a bsod the second time i try to do anything moderately graphics intensive (i can't even get on youtube and some flash ads even cause bsod) The first time that happens i get a message saying the ati driver stopped responding and sucessfully recovered. Second time, it dies. Please help me its getting annoying.

P.S. i wonder if it might have anything to do with the motherboard automatically adjusting the speed of the GPU (default in BIOS) rather than a fixed frequency.

If you are using the driver from your computer manufacturer try using the ATI driver directly from their site (I dont know if you've done this as you say you updated it, but where did you get the update, ATI or your Mobo manufacturer?). Also somewhere in the ATI control center there should be a way to turn off the GPU reset that tries to reset the GPU when it crashes, but sometimes this can cause issues too..

ATI also has a cleanup tool that removes ALL ATI drivers, which you should run before installing the latest ATI drivers. (google for it)

Here's the logs of both CPU-Z and SF Diagnostic

Attachments

• CPU-Z.zip
    203.4 KB · Views: 263
  • SF Diagnostic.zip
    822.6 KB · Views: 342
Back