Windows 10 BSOD

david brem

My PC on Windows 10 since its launch has started to crash within the last week with a " Unexpected Store Exception" error message. All updates are on automatic and I have never had this problem before.

Morning David,

In order to help you we need to see the logs made when the machine blue screened.

If you pop along to the thread found here: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem This page contains all the information you should need as well as a application to help collect data.

If it doesn't find any dump files then you'll need to change certain settings:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Post back if you have any questions..

Morning David,

In order to help you we need to see the logs made when the machine blue screened.

If you pop along to the thread found here: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem This page contains all the information you should need as well as a application to help collect data.

If it doesn't find any dump files then you'll need to change certain settings:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Post back if you have any questions..

Attachments

• W7F_27-04-2017.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 332
Good job!

There's quite a few dump files as you know so will post back in around an hour..

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7A, {20, ffffffffc000009d, ffffb30a44f4d7c0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi,
most of your dump files point to Bugcheck 154 and bugcheck 7A with probably culprits cited as memory corruption or HDD issues. However i have a sneaking feeling your issue may stem from this driver:
NTIDrvr.sys Wed Mar 25 03:09:39 2009: This relates to one of several apps either NTI CD and DVD maker or NTI Back up Now! This driver is well known for causing mischief and can be a pain to remove. If you have any of the apps already named please remove as it's pretty old too.

Other possible culprits could include McAFEE AV suite or this driver as it's getting v old:

mwlPSDFilter.sys Tue Jun 2 11:07:30 2009: EgisTec Inc. Fingerprint Biometrics/MyWinLocker please update if possible:
Egistec - One Stop Shop for all your Fingerprint Sensor needs

If none of the above solutions work please run a chkdsk. This will check the drive for errors and if possible repair them.
Open an admin command prompt and type chkdsk /r the guide below will help if your unsure on how to go on:
CHKDSK: What is it and how do I run it? - Ask Leo!

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files please

Thank's for all your help kemical, I'm now going to hand my PC over to one of my techno savvy friends to try and fix. Failing that, the PC is going in the bin because as you have no doubt figured out, its getting pretty old. . . Thank's again, best info ever.

Thank's for all your help kemical, I'm now going to hand my PC over to one of my techno savvy friends to try and fix. Failing that, the PC is going in the bin because as you have no doubt figured out, its getting pretty old. . . Thank's again, best info ever.
Hi David,
your very welcome and if you need further advice please post back. Best of luck with the testing.. :)

Back