Windows 7 Build number?

RobMinor

After a couple of firewall problems, I seem to be getting regular updates to my W7. The different updates appear in the uninstall panel, at least.

However, my desktop tagline still reads "Build 7000". Are the build releases separate, or what? I'm seeing all kinds of good stuff here --well, maybe not so good, at that-- about the builds, but I don't think I'm getting them.

After a couple of firewall problems, I seem to be getting regular updates to my W7. The different updates appear in the uninstall panel, at least.

However, my desktop tagline still reads "Build 7000". Are the build releases separate, or what? I'm seeing all kinds of good stuff here --well, maybe not so good, at that-- about the builds, but I don't think I'm getting them.

Microsoft released to the public for Beta testing Only BUILD 7000. Other Builds you read about are NOT Officially released Beta Builds but ones "leaked" to the wild ! Some of them have been bad as far as drivers are concerned but some are equal or better than the official Beta Build 7000. I hope This answers your question about BUILD. Build does not change with Windows Update but only with new install.

Microsoft released to the public for Beta testing Only BUILD 7000. Other Builds you read about are NOT Officially released Beta Builds but ones "leaked" to the wild ! Some of them have been bad as far as drivers are concerned but some are equal or better than the official Beta Build 7000. I hope This answers your question about BUILD. Build does not change with Windows Update but only with new install.

Right, thank you. After some deeper digging on the boards here I had pretty much guessed that, appreciate your confirmation. I'll avoid playing with any of those, I think...

Back