Building Windows 10 Games with Unity 5

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
In our second Microsoft Virtual Academy theme week post, Adam Tuliper and Matthew Newman spend 6+ hours teaching you have to create 3D Windows 10 Universal Windows Platform games with Unit 5...

Building Windows 10 Games with Unity 5

Are you looking to build 3D games with Unity 5 for the Windows 10 Universal Windows Platform (UWP)? Popular presenter and author Adam Tuliper returns with an expert team to help you do just that! Add to your Unity skills as you explore Unity 5, the latest powerful Unity game engine, which adds hundreds of new features on top of its prior version. Take a quick tour of the architecture, see how to get the controls up and running, and explore audio mixing, along with lighting and illumination features. Learn how to create a great-looking 3D game with powerful features: write a game design document, prototype it out in Unity, and write the C# code (including AI). Plus, discover camera modes and effects, as you learn to build for the Windows 10 UWP. Don't miss this fun-filled 3D day!

Overview and Prototyping the Game

Discover Unity 5 with a quick tour of its editor and features. Then learn ways to define your game and prototype it out.

Utilizing Unity 5 Features

Discover what's new in Unity 5 such as an enhanced physics system, audio mixer, animation and how to build new features into a game.

Coding and AI

Learn how to bring your game objects to life including movement, score counting, adding AI to characters. Microsoft has brought some great tools to the table including Visual Studio Tools for Unity.

Everything I Wish They Told Me About Cameras

You cannot see things without camera, and most games use such plain basic cameras. Discover ways to set your resolutions, features like parallax, and working with orthographic vs perspective cameras.

Designing a Great UI

Unity UI is the latest system to bring a user interface to your game. Learn how to implement it into your game, code against it, and enable multi-resolution layouts

Building for Windows 10

Windows 10 brings a new Universal Windows Platform shared across all Windows 10 devices. Learn about building your Unity games for the Windows 10 platform and multiple device types.

Learn

• Overview and Prototyping the Game
  • Utilizing Unity 5 Features
  • Coding and AI
  • Everything I Wish They Told Me About Cameras
  • Designing a Great UI
  • Building for Windows 10

Prerequisites

AUDIENCE: Beginner to intermediate Game Developers
PREREQUISITE: Basic knowledge of C#

Time requirements, modules, assessments and points for this course:

6 hours* 6 modules 0 assessment 36 points (*Excluding labs, knowledge checks and assessments.)

Follow @CH9
Follow @coding4fun
Follow @gduncan411

njs.gif

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom