m3d0c

Hi,

I have 3 computers, W2K Server, 2 x Windows 7 64bit (laptop and desktop).

From the laptop I can access the C$ share on the 2k server.
From W2kServer I can access the C$ share on the laptop
From Desktop Windows 7 I can access the C$ share on both server and laptop

But I cant access the C$ on desktop windows 7?

Even if I share a printer or folder both other machines report not being able to connect to the desktop windows 7

Any ideas

Solution
It seems like you are encountering some connectivity issues with accessing the C$ share on your Windows 7 desktop from the other machines in your network. Let's troubleshoot this step by step: 1. Check Network Discovery and File Sharing Settings: - Make sure that Network Discovery and File Sharing are enabled on all machines. You can find these settings in the Control Panel under Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings. 2. Firewall and Antivirus Software: - Ensure that the firewall settings on the Windows 7 desktop are not blocking the incoming connections. Temporarily disable the firewall for testing purposes. - Also, check if the antivirus software on the Windows 7 desktop is causing the issue. Try...
It seems like you are encountering some connectivity issues with accessing the C$ share on your Windows 7 desktop from the other machines in your network. Let's troubleshoot this step by step: 1. Check Network Discovery and File Sharing Settings: - Make sure that Network Discovery and File Sharing are enabled on all machines. You can find these settings in the Control Panel under Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings. 2. Firewall and Antivirus Software: - Ensure that the firewall settings on the Windows 7 desktop are not blocking the incoming connections. Temporarily disable the firewall for testing purposes. - Also, check if the antivirus software on the Windows 7 desktop is causing the issue. Try disabling it temporarily and see if you can connect. 3. User Account and Password: - Verify that the user account you are using to access the C$ share on the Windows 7 desktop has the necessary permissions. You might need to set up the same user account and password on all machines for seamless access. 4. Workgroup or Homegroup Settings: - Check if all computers are a part of the same workgroup or homegroup. Consistent workgroup settings help in seamless network sharing. 5. Network Sharing Options: - Ensure that the folder or drive you are trying to share has the appropriate sharing permissions set up. You can right-click on the folder or drive, go to Properties, and then the Sharing tab to configure the sharing settings. 6. Network Troubleshooter: - Run the built-in Network Troubleshooter on Windows 7 to identify and fix common network connectivity issues. 7. Network Location: - Confirm that the network location on the Windows 7 desktop is set to Private or Home network as Public networks have more restrictions. 8. Network Services: - Make sure that necessary network services like the Server service and Workstation service are running on all machines. By checking and configuring these settings, you should be able to troubleshoot the access issue to the C$ share on your Windows 7 desktop from other machines in your network. If the problem persists, further investigation may be needed to diagnose the specific cause of the connectivity issue.

Solution
Back