Windows 7 C&C Red Alert-Windows 95

BushManDan

Because i'm now on permanent disability I find I need to kill time by playing games. I wanted to play the command and conquer series starting from the 1st but am receiving an issue I cannot resolve.
I have set all compatability modes to windows 95 and followed procedures being offered on the net which none work.

Here is the issue---The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

If anyone can help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated, thx, Dan.

Considering theres been huge leaps in software since windows 95 its hardly a surprise it doesnt work....it was tricky enough to get working on xp although at least there was a patch for xp to fix that, though I wouldnt hold your breath for a windows 7 fix.

p.s Red Alert wasn't the first C&C game....but prehaps the recent "C&C Decades" collection may have a fix that will work.

Found this post on the official WIKI:-

"Compatibility issues Command & Conquer: Red Alert can be directly installed on either Windows XP and Windows Vista. However, upon the first installation attempt the installer notifies that "Red Alert can only be installed on Windows 95" if an installation is attempted on either of the two operating systems. It is possible to install the game with the assistance of the Link Removed - Invalid URL, a program that manages the installation, program updates and Vista compatibility in one easy installation.
The Red Alert Terrain Editor also has compatibility issues on newer operating systems. In order to successfully run this program under Windows Vista or Windows XP the program's executable file needs to be configured to run under Windows 95 or Windows 98 compatibility mode. This will allow the program to operate smoothly under the Windows Vista OS.
It however, also remains possible to manually install the game and its expansion packs, by running Red Alert's executables in Windows 95 compatibility mode, and by replacing the "Thipx32.dll" file which the game installs within its main directory with an updated version[1]. On the other hand, EA Games had released Command & Conquer: First Decade on two double layer DVDs which consists of all of the C&C games up to and including Generals and its expansion. This compilation of all C&C games is the easiest way to install even the original C&C Tiberian Dawn, which came out when Windows 95 was popular. It is however possible to install the DOS version of the game by setting the setup in Windows 95 compatibility mode and then running it under a MS-DOS environment.
All versions of Red Alert, as well as the demo, are rated gold in Wine [18] and are marked as "supported" in DOSBox [19].
The easiest way to play Red Alert on XP, Vista & Windows 7 is with Command & Conquer: The First Decade."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom