Windows 7 C:\ is not accessible Access denied

gmummery

I have just booted up my pc using windows 7, it booted up ok but it says my c drive is not accessible, access denied.
I have not downloaded or installed anything lately, and yesterday it worked fine. I have tried to do a system restore but access is denied.
Can anybody help me?

First question. Is you C drive for another OS, Vista or XP or otherwise? Next question. Are you using an Administrative account to try this?

Was this a "clean" install or an upgrade?

Go to Start > Run, and type diskmgmt.msc and report back with the partition information.

A few ideas...

A solution is to simply re-install Windows 7, but you should troubleshoot first. Start by using an administrator account to access the drive, secondly, if the C: drive is not allocated to Windows 7, but to another OS, go to that OS and access it there. Sorry I cannot help any further, but good luck in finding a solution!

The C drive is for windows 7, I am signed in as Administrator, but cannot make any changes in my user account settings, and if I try to access diskmgmt.msc, I get a message saying windows cannot access C:\windows\system32\diskmgmt.msc.

Back
Top Bottom