Windows 7 can not tether with iphone plz help

djdon

hello guys.. i am running windows 7. and for some reason i cannot tether from my iphone. When i connect my iphone via usb and i turn on tethering.. I go to network adapter and i see a new network called LOCAL AREA CONNECTION 3 which is apple movile device ethernet#2. But when i check the properties it says IPv4 connectivity: NOT CONNECTED...IPv6 connectivity: NOT CONNECTED.. Media State: Enable... so when i tried diagnose it it found some problem saying : There might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection 3 adapter.. so how can fix this? it also says .. Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter. so please help here how can i fix this?

Solution
It seems like you're experiencing connectivity issues when trying to tether your iPhone to your Windows 7 system. The error message "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter" indicates that there might be an issue with the network adapter settings or drivers. Here are steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Update or Reinstall Network Adapter Drivers:
- Navigate to Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start menu and selecting "Device Manager."
- Look for the network adapter related to your iPhone tethering (in this case, "Local Area Connection 3").
- Right-click on the network adapter and choose "Update driver" to see...
It seems like you're experiencing connectivity issues when trying to tether your iPhone to your Windows 7 system. The error message "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter" indicates that there might be an issue with the network adapter settings or drivers. Here are steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Update or Reinstall Network Adapter Drivers:
- Navigate to Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start menu and selecting "Device Manager."
- Look for the network adapter related to your iPhone tethering (in this case, "Local Area Connection 3").
- Right-click on the network adapter and choose "Update driver" to see if there are any new drivers available.
- If updating the driver doesn't work, try uninstalling the driver and then restart your computer. Windows should reinstall the driver upon restart.

2. Reset TCP/IP Stack:
- Open a Command Prompt with administrator privileges (search for "cmd" in the Start menu, right-click on Command Prompt, and select "Run as administrator").
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
Code:
     netsh int ip reset
     netsh winsock reset
- Restart your computer after running these commands.
3. Check Network Settings:
- Ensure that your iPhone's personal hotspot is turned on and properly configured.
- Check the USB cable connection between your iPhone and the computer.

4. Run Network Troubleshooter:
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on "Troubleshoot problems" and follow the on-screen instructions to see if Windows can diagnose and fix the issue automatically.
5. Disable and Re-enable the Adapter:
- In the Network Connections window, right-click on the "Local Area Connection 3" adapter and select "Disable." Wait a few seconds and then re-enable it.
6. Check Firewall and Antivirus Settings:
- Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software to see if they are blocking the network connection.
### Additional Tips:
  • Make sure your iPhone's iOS is up to date.
  • Restart your iPhone and Windows 7 computer before attempting to tether again.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the connectivity issue with your iPhone tethering on Windows 7. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back