Windows 10 Windows not recognizing my iphone

mbd

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my pc doesn't see or recognize either of my iPhones. Before, with Windows 7, the iphone would show up in File Explorer so I could copy photos to my PC.

My iPhone is recognized by iTunes, and another computer I have that is still running Windows 7 recognizes it with no problem.

I have tried every suggestion I could find on the Internet, including uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, Apple Application Support, Mobile Device Support, and QuickTime.

The iPhone shows up in Device Manager as MTP USB Device. Properties says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)." Reinstalling the driver doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

- iPhone 5s 64 gb
- Windows 10

My iPhone 6 seems to be recognized normally after I unlock it. I had prior to this allowed this computer to be trusted by the phone.

Are you logged on using a PIN or password?

My iPhone 6 seems to be recognized normally after I unlock it. I had prior to this allowed this computer to be trusted by the phone.

Are you logged on using a PIN or password?

Yes, I have a PIN to log in to the iPhone. I unlock it before trying to connect.

I mean using the PIN logon for Windows 10. Whether you log into a Microsoft Account and whether you use a PIN or Password might be relevant.

On my system, I use a Password logon as Local User.

I mean using the PIN logon for Windows 10. Whether you log into a Microsoft Account and whether you use a PIN or Password might be relevant.

On my system, I use a Password logon as Local User.

I use a PIN for logon, and it is into a Microsoft account. However, I have a local Administrator account with a password login, and the same problems happens there.

Well, try using a password to see if it helps. I have had situations where using a PIN kept me from accessing some network assets.

Exactly what you User name is gets a little confusing in a Microsoft Account... e-mail may determine how your system behaves.

Well, try using a password to see if it helps. I have had situations where using a PIN kept me from accessing some network assets.

Exactly what you User name is gets a little confusing in a Microsoft Account... e-mail may determine how your system behaves.
OK - tried that, and also logged out of the MS account. Still the same. The iPhone is readily recognized by iTunes, but now by Windows Explorer.

Back
Top Bottom