Windows 7 Can't change WINDOWS LOGON sound - Win7

EQ2000

When I had build 7000 installed, I posted a thread mentioning that I can't change the sound file for WINDOWS LOGON. It still didn't change when I upgraded to 7077.
Now that I am using RC1, 7100 - IT STILL CAN'T BE CHANGED !!!!! :mad:

Isn't Microsoft going to do something about this ??????? :confused:

Your sure this won't work?

Right-click on Desktop and select Personalize.

Click on the link called Sounds at the bottom of the window.

Next, select a sound event from the list and then hit Browse button. Note that you need to have your customized new sound file in .wav format.

Select your desired .wav sound track and click Open and then click Apply.

Once you change the sound, just hit the Play button to test the customized sound.

Repeat the procedure from step 3 to step 5 to customize all or any sound event. The only thing you need to remember is that Windows supports only .wav files.

That should work.. ;)

I am finding the same problem with Windows 2008. I believe MS has somewhere defined the wrong event. If I start a screensaver that requires a password to restore then the Windows Loggon event gets triggered after entering the password, but never during a actual logon.

margyjr

Hi there ,I was having the same problem, and I had tried all the suggestion without any success, then I realizsed that Windows 7 Beta, doesn't take you to the Logon screen, it goes straight to the desk top screen! so I turn on the guest user account and now when I start up Windows 7, it goes to the logon srceen and after choosing my user login , the sound that I have choosen now plays. Hope you have the same out come as me.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom