Windows 10 Can't Log In After Restore

atlguy

Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my MSN Live account. I have gone thru the process of resetting my password hundreds of times, even able to log into my MSN account from another device and get my email. But I keep getting reset password on my laptop. Also, I can log in as Administrator and see my User Live acount and files. Any ideals or hints on how to resolve? Thanks in advance!

Atlguy

If there an error message? Have you tried removing and re-adding the live account?

The error message basically just says password is no good, please reset. I go thru the reset process, same message over again. No, I didn't want to delete the account, won't I loose my personal files if I did? I have pay check stubs, family photos, tax info, etc. (I know, I know, backup!).

Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my MSN Live account. I have gone thru the process of resetting my password hundreds of times, even able to log into my MSN account from another device and get my email. But I keep getting reset password on my laptop. Also, I can log in as Administrator and see my User Live acount and files. Any ideals or hints on how to resolve? Thanks in advance!

Atlguy
This could be the dumbest answer you will ever hear but, is it possible your keyboard language settings are set on a different country? If it is, change it to UK or VS.

Back