Windows Vista Can't reboot at all

cowstars

I'm not the most professional of users so I need some help! I had to restart yesterday due to some upgrade that automatically installed. The restart didn't work and I'm stuck in the "microsoft corporation countdown bar" as it pretends to load. I've tried many of the self tests and I've been on F8 and tried a couple of things but I am getting nothing but the never ending attempt to load. During the self test I got a "10008 Replace Hard Disk 1" which freaked me out completely. This is a 4 month old HP notebook, AMD 64. Any ideas?? Being a mo' I don't have backup disks to reload from scratch. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks

Sometimes a simple "backup and restore" can fix problems; However, this "10008 Replace Hard Disk 1" message does not make sense, as the on-board HDD is usually Hard Disk 0. Are you booting externally? Now, I'm not familiar with HPs, but 10008 could suggest an error. You could try going to their website and searching. Also, has your laptop been dropped or anything? Overheated?

I'm not the most professional of users so I need some help! I had to restart yesterday due to some upgrade that automatically installed. The restart didn't work and I'm stuck in the "microsoft corporation countdown bar" as it pretends to load. I've tried many of the self tests and I've been on F8 and tried a couple of things but I am getting nothing but the never ending attempt to load. During the self test I got a "10008 Replace Hard Disk 1" which freaked me out completely. This is a 4 month old HP notebook, AMD 64. Any ideas?? Being a mo' I don't have backup disks to reload from scratch. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks

If you contact HP they should be able to supply you with the disks you need...:)

Back
Top Bottom