Cant see my windoes 11 pc on the source menu on my smart tv

dmhplubing

Hi, and thankyou for allowing me to part of the community.
does anyone know what is possible stopping the following.
i recently upgraded to windows 11 (full fresh install). after all app/software was installed i shared my films folder as had previously done on my 3 other windows 10 pc's.
i then go to my networked smart tv amd press the source button to see my pc's. this is where i can view files, photos and films. but for some reason i have done the exact same process for my windows 11 and i can not see it on the smart tv. i can still see the other 3 windows 10 ones.

i have tried sharing a folder, then an entire drive and then the entire pc but still no joy.
i have also reaserched as much as i can and followed other forums but still no joy. ive tried everything like. firewall. changing public and private networks. allowing apps through the firewall. windows features on and off. searching and installing smb 1.0. and still nothing.
i can however see my windows 11 pc from all my windows 10 pcs and vice versa.

please help as im at my wits end with windows 11.

i dont want to use any plex servers or have to install anything on my tv as i have never had to in the past.

Thanks again all

Danny

Hi Danny,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with sharing your Windows 11 PC on your smart TV. Let's try to troubleshoot the issue together.

First, let's make sure that the necessary network discovery and sharing options are enabled on your Windows 11 PC. Here's what you can do:

1. Open the "Settings" app on your Windows 11 PC.
2. Go to the "Network & Internet" section.
3. On the left-hand side, click on "Sharing" and ensure that "Network discovery" and "File and printer sharing" are turned on.

Next, let's check the security settings and permissions for the shared folder on your Windows 11 PC:

1. Right-click on the folder you want to share and select "Properties."
2. Go to the "Sharing" tab.
3. Click on the "Advanced Sharing" button.
4. Make sure that "Share this folder" is checked.
5. Click "Permissions" and ensure that the necessary permissions are granted to the devices you want to access the shared folder from (including your smart TV).

If you've already done these steps, we can move on to some additional troubleshooting.

1. Try disabling any third-party antivirus or firewall software temporarily to check if they might be blocking the network visibility. If you're using the Windows built-in firewall, ensure that inbound and outbound rules are allowing the appropriate network traffic.
2. Check if your smart TV and Windows 11 PC are connected to the same network. Double-check network settings on both devices, such as IP addressing and subnet masks.
3. Restart both your smart TV and Windows 11 PC to refresh the network connections.

If you've tried all these steps and are still unable to see your Windows 11 PC on your smart TV, it might be worth checking if there are any firmware updates available for your smart TV, as they can sometimes improve compatibility with newer operating systems.

If none of these troubleshooting steps work, it may be worth reaching out to the manufacturer of your smart TV for further assistance. They may have additional suggestions or be able to provide specific guidance for your particular model.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any further questions!

Back
Top Bottom