Windows 7 Changing default profile and problems

balubeto

Extraordinary Member
Hi

To change the default profile in Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, during the its installation, I passed immediately in Audit mode by means of the Ctrl+Shift+F3 sequence.

So, I have updated Windows 7 and I have configured it.

Then, I put in the c:\windows\panther directory the Unattend.xml file:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="generalize" wasPassProcessed="true">
        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SLC" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="[B]Link Removed due to 404 Error[/B]" xmlns:xsi="[URL]http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance[/URL]">
            <SkipRearm>1</SkipRearm>
        </component>
       <component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS">
          <PersistAllDeviceInstalls>true</PersistAllDeviceInstalls>
       </component>
    </settings>
    <settings pass="specialize" wasPassProcessed="true">
        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="[B]Link Removed due to 404 Error[/B]" xmlns:xsi="[URL]http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance[/URL]">
            <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>
        </component>
    </settings>
</unattend>

and then I opened the Command Prompt and I type the sysprep /generalize /oobe /reboot command to go in OOBE (or normal) mode.

When I was in Audit mode, I removed from the taskbar the Internet Explorer 9, Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Explorer icons.

Now that I am in normal mode, each user account created has still in its taskbar the icons above. How come?

Also, if I open Internet Explorer or Windows Media Player, the configuration wizard is displayed even if I had it already executed in Audit mode. How come?

So, how do I avoid all this?

How do I automatically delete the Unattend.xml file after that Windows has executed it?

Thanks

Bye

Back
Top Bottom