Windows 10 Cleaning out Downloads Files?

busybee

My downloads file is growing. Any rules on deleting everything in the file? Does deleting a download also delete the program once it is installed?

As soon as you installed the program, especially when we are talking about programs downloaded from the internet, you can safely delete the downloaded installation file from the Downloads folder. As a method, to help you identify the older files, you can sort the files in the Downloads folder by date, in ascending order (that is, from the oldest to the newest), by opening Files Manager, going to the Downloads folder and clicking on the Date Modified field, on the right side panel, once or twice. When you'll see a small arrow, on the right side of Date Modified, pointing up, then you will have the files sorted from the oldest to the newest and you can start deleting without worrying.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

When I downloads the files and when its get failed then its occupy some memory. So, how I can remove that memory from my PC.
Please let me know the best procedure to do it.

You can always run the advanced Disk Clean.

To set it up open an admin command prompt.

Type:

cleanmgr/sageset:1

Press enter and you'll see the Disk Clean dialogue box open but with many more options.

Check off the sections you want cleaning and click ok.

To run the now set up Disk Clean, go back to the admin command prompt.

Type:

cleanmgr/sagerun:1

Press enter and the app will cycle through the various stages. To run it again you need simply to type the last line as it's already set up.

Back