Windows 7 Computer continously crashes and sometimes shows BSOD

captainmar

Hello, I recently got a new hard drive for my pc after my last one died one me and after 2 days I am now getting random crashes. Sometimes it shows the BSOD and gives me the error message 0X0000000A (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, [0x00000000]). Not too sure about the part in [] because I haven't ben getting the blue screen the past few times. I am on service pack 1 of Win7 Home Premium on a Gateway DX4300. I got a fix here Fix: Stop Error Message 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 7 but I haven't run it yet. If needed I can provide 3 DMP files.

There are lot's and lot's of fixes for STOP 0xA errors (see the list I compiled here: BSOD Index - STOP 0xA ) But most simply involve updating Windows - so please go to Windows Update and get ALL available updates (make repeated visits to ensure you've got them all).

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

While waiting for a reply, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

I ended up just reinstalling windows 7 and everything has been working well so far, when I looked a the dump files it said 'ntoskrnl .exe' was the cause of the crashes.

ntoskrnl.exe is the kernel (core) of the operating system.
If it was damaged enough to cause BSOD's, the system would have many more problems other than the occasional BSOD.

What usually happens is that a 3rd party (non-Windows) driver performs operations in memory space owned by ntoskrnl.exe - and that causes ntoskrnl.exe to panic and display the BSOD.

Good luck!

Back