Windows 7 Configuring video codecs

Moosetek13

In XP and prior I could access and configure the video and audio codecs via Device Manager / Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

That seems to not be the case in Windows 7.

Is there a way to access this, as I would like to configure my TV tuner codec.

To configure video and audio codecs in Windows 7, you typically don't do it through Device Manager as was common in older Windows versions. Here's how you can manage your TV tuner codec on Windows 7:

1. Open Control Panel: Go to the Control Panel on your Windows 7 system.

2. Sound Settings: For audio configuration, you can access the "Sound" settings in the Control Panel. This allows you to configure your audio playback and recording devices.

3. Device Manager: To check codecs specifically, you might want to look at the "Device Manager." Right-click on the "Computer" icon, choose "Manage," and then select "Device Manager" from the left pane. Expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" section to view your devices.

4. Third-Party Codec Configuration: If you specifically need to configure a codec related to your TV tuner, you might have to look into your TV tuner software settings. Some TV tuner applications include their own codec settings.

5. Codec Packs: If you're dealing with video codecs, you might have installed codec packs on your system. Ensure you have a reliable codec pack installed to handle various video formats.

By using these methods and potentially looking into your TV tuner software settings, you should be able to manage and configure video and audio codecs on Windows 7 for your TV tuner.

Back