Connecting to a Mac

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone here networks with a PC!

I have upgraded my early 2011 17" MacBook Pro to Elcapitan and my custom PC to Windows 10. Prior to this the OSX was Yosemite and Windows 8.1. I could connect to the Mac from Windows no problem. Since upgrading both I can't connect to the Mac. I have tried to connect to El Capitan from another Windows 8.1 since to no avail. I have also reverted the OSX to Yosemite and still can't connect to the Mac from Windows PC.

I have followed the Network and sharing setup for the Mac to the letter from Apples website. I have checked forums and had Apple support check the setup remotely and it is fine.

Has anyone else had this issue and can help because I have run out of ideas now?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

bochane

Honorable Member
Network credentials are the username and password combination and in your screen dump I see a username with a space character in it.
Is that allowed on a Mac?

I have tried various combinations. My name with capitals on the beginning of each name with no gap. Lower case joined too but it will not accept them.

bochane

Honorable Member
But you have to enter the username and password that you use to login onto the mac.
I don't know the Mac, maybe you don't use a password to logon.
But you must have an account (and thus having a username) to be able to work on a computer.
And that is the one you are asked for.

I am using the Mac username and password. Macs will noit allow you to connect unless you provide a password.

bochane

Honorable Member
I am out of options sorry..

Anybody?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.