Windows 7 Connection redirecting?

lmjai

I have a problem hosting a game (Warcraft III) through LAN, in older windows I used the file ws2_32.dll (from war3lan) to redirect the connection to my PC in LAN (Game tries to connect to my external IP in port 6112 and that thing catches it and redirects to the internal IP of my other PC) but it doesn't seem to work in Windows 7, Is there any way to make it work or anything else I can do to fix this?

Solution
To host a game like Warcraft III through LAN on Windows 7, you may encounter some compatibility issues with tools like war3lan that were used on older versions of Windows. Here are a few steps and alternatives you can try to make it work on Windows 7:

Steps to Host Warcraft III Through LAN on Windows 7:​

1. Firewall Configuration:
    • Make sure your Windows 7 firewall is not blocking the required ports for Warcraft III to communicate over LAN. You may need to allow the game through the firewall settings.
    []Port Forwarding:
    • Check if port forwarding is correctly set up on your router for port 6112 to redirect to your PC's internal IP address.
    [
    ]Compatibility Mode:
    • Try running...
To host a game like Warcraft III through LAN on Windows 7, you may encounter some compatibility issues with tools like war3lan that were used on older versions of Windows. Here are a few steps and alternatives you can try to make it work on Windows 7:

Steps to Host Warcraft III Through LAN on Windows 7:​

1. Firewall Configuration:
    • Make sure your Windows 7 firewall is not blocking the required ports for Warcraft III to communicate over LAN. You may need to allow the game through the firewall settings.
    []Port Forwarding:
    • Check if port forwarding is correctly set up on your router for port 6112 to redirect to your PC's internal IP address.
    [
    ]Compatibility Mode:
    • Try running Warcraft III in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows. Right-click the game executable, go to Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, set it to run in compatibility mode.
    []Direct Connection:
    • Instead of using war3lan, try hosting the game manually by directly specifying the internal IP address of your PC during game setup.

Alternatives to war3lan:​

[
    ]ZeroTier:
    • ZeroTier is a software-based VPN solution that allows for easy creation of virtual LAN networks. You can use ZeroTier to create a virtual LAN network and play Warcraft III with your friends over this network.
    []Hamachi:
    • LogMeIn Hamachi is a popular VPN application that can create LAN-like networks for secure file sharing and gaming. You can create a Hamachi network and play Warcraft III through this virtual LAN.
    [
    ]Tunngle:
    • Tunngle is another program that creates a virtual LAN for gaming. You can try using Tunngle to host and join Warcraft III games over LAN on Windows 7.

Troubleshooting Tips:​

• Ensure that all PCs are connected to the same network.
      • Verify that Warcraft III is correctly installed and updated on all PCs.
      • Double-check the network settings and ensure that no other software is interfering with the game connections.
      Try these steps and alternatives to host your Warcraft III game through LAN on Windows 7. If you encounter any specific error messages or issues, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Solution
Back