Windows 7 copied Mac backup file to PC with Windows 7 - folder contains no files, but is 32mb in size. Help!

kweatherly

Ok, my Mac crashed and I purchased a PC. I was finally able to copy over the files from my Mac backup drive (which has not comparable PC software). It all seemed great until I tried to view the folder backups.backupdb, which has 59 folders of backup data (all segregated by dates). If I view properties on the folder, it says there are 246mb of data and 32,000 files, but if you open the folder, there are no folders nor files (it says '0'). If I open properties for the folder, it only has two tabs: General and Previous Versions. It seems to be identified as a backup folder, but I can't figure out how to change it to a 'normal' folder so I can access the individual folders and files. Is this something that is caused by moving files from FAT32 to NTFS? BTW, I copied over a bunch of other files from this backup drive and all the other files and folders worked fine; just this backup folder is causing problems. Please Help, I am hitting the max of my knowledge of how to recover my data from the Mac.... I was trusting that this backup on the Mac was securing my data, but I had no idea how difficult this was going to be. I have easily spent 12 hours on this already and only have 1/2 of my data. thanks for your help!

Back