Windows 10 Curves are jagged in video games. Please help.

RUDY03

Hey guys,
So, this had been bugging me for a long time, but I didn't bother posting this, as my PC usually doesn't even meet the specs to run most games on full graphics, but now that I've gotten GTA 4 and EFLC once again, a range which can absolutely run in full graphics, what still does bug me is that the curves are really jagged. That
is:
Untitled.png
So, from the image, the first curve is like what I may see normally on my PC, as in my Desktop background, or even in YouTube videos, and movies, and the second curve is designed to express how I may see the same curve in a video game.
Thus, my question is, why is it that even with top notch graphics, I am still made to see jagged curves in video games, whereas outside the applications, all images and videos are perfect?
Any guidance shall be warmly appreciated.
Thank you.

It's probably a setting you have turned off in game. Anti-aliasing is the setting that is used to 'smooth' lines and curves. It may be called something different in a given game.

It's probably a setting you have turned off in game. Anti-aliasing is the setting that is used to 'smooth' lines and curves. It may be called something different in a given game.
So I don't *think* GTA IV has an inbuilt AA option unlike most games, so I have to enable it externally somehow. Thanks anyways! I just wanted to know the option which had this effect.
Cheers!

directx and 'windows' AA is controlled separately. If the game doesn't support it then you won't be able to change that behavior.

directx and 'windows' AA is controlled separately. If the game doesn't support it then you won't be able to change that behavior.
Wow, on the contrary, I am happy to reply back, that I used my NVidia Control Panel, and Selected Program settings for GTA 4 and made it have anti aliasing through there.
It works pretty well, and all curves are brilliantly smooth now. Also, additionally, it allows some external extra features to be enabled into the game, which were not normally available.
Thank you, @Neemobeer

Back