Windows 7 decreasing of my hardisk space

justineneal25

plsssss help me on this, i already turn off my restore point because i have a little size of hardisk. the capacity of my hardisk is 80GB but still my hardisk space decrease from 62.0GB now 61.9GB i dont want that to be happen i am very sensitive about my hardisk space because my hardisk is so little capacity. can anyone help me on this i dont want to loose any size on my hardisk huhuhuhuhu. (Sorry ofr my bad english)

Well Vista and Windows 7 are larger installs than XP so that accounts for a lot of the size used. Try disabling hibernate. You can configure the size for system restore.
Joe

Considering the low cost of hard drive space these days, might be time to consider an addition.

Ed

walmart is now selling 320 gig external hard drives, that are usb powered, repeat, usb powered, no need to plug them in. that should solve any problems you are having.

by the way, the price is only $120 dollars.

61.9 GB free

With more than 60 GB free space on an 80 GB harddrive, I really don't think you need to be concerned. My laptop has 17 GB free on a 60 GB harddrive and does OK. I think 20 GB free space is commonly recommended as minimum. If you get down to 25 or 30 GB, then look into an external HD to move some less used applications and folders to. A 2.5" external USB harddrive doesn't even need an external power supply.

100 for $50

where? usb powered, with no external power supply needed? please tell me where, and i will check into that!

A few months ago, I bought a 100 GB 2.5" external "refurbished" drive directly from Iomega for $50. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Maybe Ed will check back in with his source for 500GB for $60.

Was $58 when I bought it last week. Externally powered, network or USB:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Ed

"Was $58 when I bought it last week. Externally powered, network or USB:
Link Removed - Invalid URL"

Cool deal even at this week's $75 price with free shipping.

Keep a watch on it and it may go back to $58 again............or perhaps $49?

Last edited:
I got a 1.15 TB Windows Home Server for that. Can even access it remotely. Love it!

ed,
that one is externally powered. the drive i mentioned is completely usb powered. you do not have to plug it into a wall outlet. that is extremely useful if you are on a plane, or some other area where an electrical outlet is not available. 320 gig's of usb powered for 119 dollars. not bad at all.

It is pretty standard, though there may be scattered exceptions, that a 2.5" USB external drive is self-powered and a 3.5" USB external drive requires an external power supply. (The required external power supply is normally, if not universally, included with the drive)

yeah but the 2.5's are normally under 100 gig's. to have over 300 gig's, with out having to find a plug is very nice.

Back
Top Bottom