Windows 7 Default gateway erased?

Malbane

Every time I boot up my windows 7 I have to goto the network adapter properties because the default gateway has been deleted :mad:

Still has my static IP and default DNS there but I always have to go and put in the address of the router each time i boot which is starting to get annoying, anyone have any ideas?

Solution
It sounds like your Windows 7 system is losing the default gateway setting after each boot. This issue can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to resolve it:

Potential Solutions:​

1. Check for Malware: Sometimes malware can cause network settings to change. Ensure your system is clean by running a full antivirus scan.
  2. Update Network Adapter Drivers: Ensure your network adapter drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues.
  3. Reset TCP/IP Stack: Resetting the TCP/IP stack can help resolve network issues. You can do this by running the following commands in an elevated Command Prompt:
    Code:
    bash netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
  4. Check for...
It sounds like your Windows 7 system is losing the default gateway setting after each boot. This issue can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can try to resolve it:

Potential Solutions:​

1. Check for Malware: Sometimes malware can cause network settings to change. Ensure your system is clean by running a full antivirus scan.
  2. Update Network Adapter Drivers: Ensure your network adapter drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues.
  3. Reset TCP/IP Stack: Resetting the TCP/IP stack can help resolve network issues. You can do this by running the following commands in an elevated Command Prompt:
    Code:
    bash netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
  4. Check for Third-Party Software: Some third-party software can interfere with network settings. Disable any third-party firewall or security software momentarily to see if they are the cause.
  5. Set Default Gateway via Command Prompt: You can set the default gateway using the command prompt with the following command:
    Code:
    bash route add 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 YOUR_DEFAULT_GATEWAY_IP
  6. Check Startup Programs: Check if any startup programs or scripts are overwriting the default gateway setting. You can use tools like "msconfig" to manage startup programs.
  7. Registry Settings: Ensure that there are no incorrect settings in the Windows Registry that might be causing this issue. Modifying the Registry should be done carefully.
  8. Network Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in network troubleshooter that can diagnose and automatically fix network problems. You can access it by going to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Troubleshoot problems.

Updating to Windows 10:​

Since Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, consider upgrading to Windows 10 for better security and ongoing support. Try these steps to see if they resolve your issue. If the problem persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Solution
Back