Windows 7 Device Doctor is a Completely Free Driver Update Scanner

reghakr

Essential Member
Installing the latest device drivers is an essential task for keeping your system running at peak performance, but almost all of the driver update solutions out there aren’t actually free. Thankfully, Device Doctor is absolutely, completely free to use.

Device Doctor comes in two flavorsâ€â€￾the regular installable version, and a portable executable that you can throw on a flash drive and use anywhere. Let’s dive right in…

Using Device Doctor
This is one piece of software that couldn’t be simplerâ€â€￾there’s just one screen, and after clicking the Begin Scan button you should see a list of drivers that need updating. You can then click the Download update on each one to actually grab that driver.
image104.png

More...........Device Doctor is a Completely Free Driver Update Scanner :: the How-To Geek

Some times I wonder about always upgrading to the latest drivers. There are times I wonder if it isn't broke don't fix it is better.
Joe

Unless my machine or program really needs it except for video drivers I go with if it is not broke do not fix. This is especially true for a BIOS flash, unless needed for equipment purposes I do not flash

[QUOTE=Super Sarge;108840]Unless my machine or program really needs it except for video drivers I go with if it is not broke do not fix. This is especially true for a BIOS flash, unless needed for equipment purposes I do not flash[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Also, has anyone actually TESTED this program? I don't believe it's really free. What almost ALL these programs do is scan and then tell you that you need to PAY to actually install the out of date drivers they have identified. Much like virus scanners identify a hundred cookies as a threat you need to PAY to fix... the driver upgrade programs I have tested return problems... like Super Sarge pointed out ... that aren't really problems.

I'm not going to waste my time downloading and setting it up because when I googled it and included registration, some cracks started showing up. Why would anyone bother to crack a free program?

Oh yea, Happy Thanksgiving

I tested it, it said I need to update some PCI controller actually concerning raid, I did not update as I do not use raid fond no other driver problem. Please note it did allow me to download the drivers if I so desired it seems to be free and does work

Back