Windows Vista Disk Check on every reboot

03hdfatboy

Banned
Everytime I reboot my pc it trys to run check disk :mad:
I have run seagate tools to check disk and found no issues at all does someone know how to disable it until I figure out what is causing it. It is a pain in the azz :rolleyes:

The only way I could think of checking is via properties of the C: drive and making sure it's unclicked (if you can do such a thing).. Have you checked all your connections? A loose one may cause this problem...

I suppose you have allowed it to run? That will usually stop it.
However, if you are happy that you have no disk problems, type “CHKNTFS /X Z:â€Â￾. The X tells Link Removed - Invalid URL to NOT check the drive on the next Link Removed - Invalid URL. Substitute the "Z" for the drive in question ( C: ?)

Hmmm.....something is definately not right... Do you have another HDD you could load vista onto? Didn't you say you had one with XP on it? Why not try using that one just to see if the blue screens will stop??​

Hmmm.....something is definately not right... Do you have another HDD you could load vista onto? Didn't you say you had one with XP on it? Why not try using that one just to see if the blue screens will stop??​
I've tried that :(

I'm just before taking it outside and running it over with my truck:mad:

I just tried the opposite. I tried putting XP on the other hard drive and it went without a hitch so it is not the HD :rolleyes:

What about memory then? Vista uses memory different so maybe it's worth testing?

I have it back up and running but I'm getting the BSOD on a regular basis. Or my favorate...The just sitting there doing nothing. :mad:

Back