Display brightness problem

Pooka

Hola Win7 world!

For some reason, I have a problem with my computer's display brightness. Sometimes whenever I start up the computer, or change to another's profile (either the admin who is me or the other two normal users I have), the brightness goes a little dimmer. All three of us are used to one brightness, so our settings must be the same. It still happens and I don't know how to stop this problem permanently, as I need to go Control Panel -> Display -> Calibrate Color, which will fix the problem, but it will fix it temporary. I want it fixed, forever, cause that calibrate color solution is a time eater for us.

Here are my specs:
Processor: Intel® Celeron ® D CPU 3.20GHz
CPU: Intel Celeron 352
Ram: 2048MBs
Motherboard: FOXCONN G41MD
Graphics Card: Intel® G41 Express Chipset Rev. 3

How do I fix this brightness problem forever? Thanks in advance

kaos

Hello and welcome

Have you set the brightness in the control panel area? Also is it a laptop? Brightness changes and depending on the power options set,

Pooka

What do you mean? I know that the brightness could be changed via the monitor. And it's a desktop, not a laptop. So how do I set a permanent brightness for this desktop, or how to prevent this problem from happening again?

kaos

oki dokes, go to start, control panel, system and security , power options , on the current plan its selected, click change plan settings. turn up the brightness on the adjustable bar to the right.

Pooka

There were no adjustable brightness bars, but I have changed my screen blacking out and sleeping thing, finally! It did sleep while I was download Portal before : (

I'll reply here if I experience that same brightness changing problem again, but thanks for introducing me to this option : )

nmsuk

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Have you tried uninstalling the graphics driver, rebooting, running Ccleaner and then reinstalling with the lastest available from Intel.

kaos

There were no adjustable brightness bars, but I have changed my screen blacking out and sleeping thing, finally! It did sleep while I was download Portal before : (

I'll reply here if I experience that same brightness changing problem again, but thanks for introducing me to this option : )
let us no how you get on

Pooka

Have you tried uninstalling the graphics driver, rebooting, running Ccleaner and then reinstalling with the lastest available from Intel.
Nope, but I'll try when I see this problem again. Thanks for a solution, lol

kaos, do you mean how to change whether the monitor blacks out after a set period or not? This accessed by the power plans, of course. And I have to tell you, you must have your control panel display the options in "categories", as the small icons didn't lead to something called "System and Security".

kaos

search for display in control panel or type it in the start search box

Medico

You can find the Power Options by typing Power Option in the Search Box.

PowerOptions.jpg

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.