Display Issues on HP

Hi,

I did a clean install of Windows 7 64-Bit a few days ago and since then i have been having issues with the screen brightness.

When i turn the laptop on the default screen brightness on the 'Balanced' option is about halfway up, however when i try and move this up on the screen brightness bar it automatically moves to the bottom. The bar IS present as is the tab to move but everytime i try this it just moves automatically back down. Also the hotkeys (used with the FN button) have not worked at all on Windows 7 RC and now the 64-bit version.

I have seen a fix to this which indicates going into BIOS when logging on, however on my HP 6735s machine it has its own version of the BIOS menu and i cant find the screen brightness adjustment anywhere!

If anyone else has a HP and knows how to access this or even better if anyone knows how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Ant.

PS: i am a relative noob so if anyone does know lamens terms would be very much appreciated too lol! Cheers guys!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.