Windows 10 Does anyone have any idea what this popup belongs to?

rspencer

This popup flashes on and off the screen so quickly i had to record my desktop and advance frame by frame to see it. When it happens, it seems to happen every few minutes or so and it says "Connecting, Please wait ...". I've run 3 different malware scans with no threats found, I've restored my firewall to default settings, I don't know if this is a virus or some legit software running in the background. Please help.

Windows 10 x64

Untitled1.png

You can run procexp and use the cross hairs and select the pop up if it stays up long enough. Other option would be to run procmon and right click and exclude known programs that pop up and what else remains you will want to investigate. You should be able to figure it out from there

Yeah, its so fast i had to record a video and go frame by frame to read it. I downloaded procmon from windows, i'll see if i can figure out how to use it. Thanks :-D

You can just run it without a filter. You then see lots of events, I would look at 'Process Name' column and you can right click ones that you know are fine and select Exclude 'Process Name' this will start shrinking the events that are logged and should help you find the culprit. If you don't know what a process is hover the mouse over and it will give you the full path. If you know what it is and expect it again exclude it

Back
Top Bottom