Windows 10 Does the Your Phone app only work on WiFi?

Heera

I just set up the Your Phone app, and it's working so far. However, when I disconnect my phone from WiFi, it says the app lost connection to my phone.
I have been using the Android Messages previously, which works on mobile data. I don't always have reliable WiFi available, so I'd like to use the app with mobile data. I tried going into the app settings and making sure it's able to use mobile data, but it still doesn't seem to work.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
To ensure that the Your Phone app works over mobile data when not connected to WiFi, you may need to check a few settings and connections. Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:
1. Check Your Phone Settings:
- Open the Your Phone app settings on your PC.
- Look for any settings related to connection preferences.
- Ensure that the app is allowed to use mobile data for syncing with your phone.
- If there are specific permissions for mobile data usage, adjust them as necessary.
2. Phone Data Connection:
- Confirm that your mobile phone has an active data connection when disconnected from WiFi.
- Test other apps or browse the internet on your phone using mobile data to...
To ensure that the Your Phone app works over mobile data when not connected to WiFi, you may need to check a few settings and connections. Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:
1. Check Your Phone Settings:
- Open the Your Phone app settings on your PC.
- Look for any settings related to connection preferences.
- Ensure that the app is allowed to use mobile data for syncing with your phone.
- If there are specific permissions for mobile data usage, adjust them as necessary.
2. Phone Data Connection:
- Confirm that your mobile phone has an active data connection when disconnected from WiFi.
- Test other apps or browse the internet on your phone using mobile data to ensure the data connection is working.
3. Mobile Hotspot:
- If direct mobile data usage doesn't work, you can try using your phone's mobile hotspot feature.
- Turn on the mobile hotspot on your phone and connect your PC to this hotspot to enable data sharing.
4. Firewall and Security Software:
- Check your firewall settings and security software on your PC.
- Ensure that they are not blocking the connections required for the Your Phone app to communicate over mobile data.
5. Technical Support:
- If the issue persists, you may want to contact Microsoft technical support for further assistance.
- They may provide specific troubleshooting steps or updates related to mobile data usage for the Your Phone app.
By following these steps and checking the settings, you should be able to determine why the Your Phone app is not working over mobile data and resolve any potential connectivity issues.

Solution
Back