DOOM

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
DOOM

Doom has been rebooted and it looks a hell of a ride.. Literally!

Many of the forum staff are playing in multiplayer and it seems only right and proper to have a thread toboot..

Doom begins on the UAC facility on Mars. The director of the facility is Samuel Hayden, whose mind now lives in an android body after he lost his original one to brain cancer. The researchers attempted to draw energy from Hell in order to solve an energy crisis on Earth. This was, as you can imagine, not a good idea and the issue quickly escalates....
Ref

There will be much killing later. The little we've done was great fun. Not enjoyed a mindless fps like this for awhile.

What a night! Had a great time guy's thank you!

Doom @ Ultra settings

Last edited:
Yes was a fine night of gaming, we must do more. Though the hosting system needs fixing by Id and map selection. A pity but regardless its still a fine game.

Last edited:
It's pretty fun, wait until you get berserker mode and the chainsaw, both are fun.
I just found those today Neemobeer.. Chainsaw is very handy for getting more ammo and the Beserker mode has some great finishing moves... Loving it!

I keep forgetting aobut the chainsaw. Thats what was missing last night.

I had to laugh this morning, remembering last night, playing co-op with the guy's and whooshes ill fated meeting with a 'Pinky' (they run around like Rhino's) I can still hear the screams now... Great gaming guy's thank you...

Was a good laugh on the nightmare co-op. Whoosh screams and our laughter everytime he died. We will at some point get him to stop charging at every enemy

This isn't really fair as they are totally different types of games but I took a break and played some Witcher 3:

Graphics don't really come much better than that.. At times I feel like I'm in a work of art and the attention to detail is stunning.

But

Back to the mayhem of DOOM later...

Last edited:
New patch for Doom although some fixes it seems were already released:

Doom is now running using Vulcan. To change over api's nip into advanced video settings and you'll see a new option at the top. Simply choose Vulcan from the drop down menu, the game will restart and off you go. Graphics are still as amazing if not better although I didn't really run for long enough to see if it made a difference actually running the game. I guess with my set up not so much but somone with a mid range to low end system may see a real boost.
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: DOOM