Windows 7 Dragging to Taskbar to Copy?

enragingsilver

I'm not positive this is the right place for this discussion, but anyhow, is there a way in Windows 7 to copy to an open but minimized folder on the taskbar without opening that folder up on the screen? It seems like whenever I drag, photos for example, from one location to a minimized folder it forces me to open the destination folder, making me have to click back to the original location I'm dragging from if I want to continue my photo management. Or, if you can't drag onto to the taskbar without opening a minimized folder, is there a way to have the destination folder that is opened minimize automatically after so I can go back to my work without having to press any more buttons. I hope this makes sense.

I don't think you can do that with the taskbar but you could do it with a desktop icon. Just make a shortcut of the folder you want to put stuff in then put it on the desktop. Then when you work with your file don't use the program Maximized. Use it on the Restore down size instead. Size it to where it leaves the folder you want to copy to uncovered. Then just right click that folder and click paste or if you want to drag and drop you should be able to do that too.

Back
Top Bottom