Windows 7 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD in Windows 7

bosscar

Hi,

I recently clean installed Windows 7 on my PC and i am starting to get these blue screen error at random instance. The same PC with windows Vista has not produced these blue screen errors :confused:

The dump file suggest that these are "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" mostly in ntkrnlpa.exe and a few times i have seen the same blue sceen error on halmacpi.dll, yk62x86.sys and ataport.SYS

Please find the attached zip file for minidump files.

After some searching i have already done the following steps to prevent these error fatal.
1. Ran Memtest86+ to confirm no RAM issues (resulted in 0 errors)
2. Confirmed that there are no erroneous USB device in the device manager.
3. Uncheck any device with power management in the device manager and uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer" option.
4. Using Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus

Still I see the same Blue screen of death :confused:

Is there anything else I can do.

Thanks

That error message is usually connecting with old or unsigned drivers. Another possible cause is an old bios, see if you have any updates relevant for your system.

Hi -

The last dump (10-15) had a bugcheck = 0x9f, probable cause = usbhub.sus, the MS USB hub driver.

usbhub.sys is tossed out here as a sacrificial lamb and is not the cause.

I would suggest that you find out what these 3 drives are for and either update them or remove the devices they are attached to. They all pre-date Windows 7, but the last is of special concern given its 2004 timestamp -
Code:
[font=lucida console]CVPNDRVA.sys Mon Jul 16 10:57:10 2007 (469BB176)
dne2000.sys  Tue Jan 23 23:17:24 2007 (45B70804)
ac97via.sys  Mon Nov 22 12:29:55 2004 (41A24C43)[/font]

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Back