Windows 7 DUAL 30" Monitor - 2nd Monitor causes both 1st and 2nd Monitor to go dark

krebs30

Trying to get this working.... new to forum, so please point me to the right place if I am not asking in the correct forum.

I have a Dell XPS 410 system with a NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2. (Dual Port DVI Card) Dual Dell 30" Monitors 3007WFP.

System worked great on XP. No issues at all. Upgraded to 7 and could never get both monitors working, only 1. Everything else is fine in 7, just the Monitors is a problem. Been waiting for updated drivers from NVIDIA and try them off and on over the last few months.

Currently on NVIDIA 197.45
Upgraded Dell BIOS to 2.5.3

Scenarios:
Already booted:
screen 1 is working fine, I plug in the second monitor to the DVI port. I hear the Windows da-dump that it recognized a change, Monitor 1 goes dark, On/Off Light indicator on Monitor goes amber (usually blue if all is good with signal), Monitor 2 On/Off Light indicator on Monitor is amber. Windows is UP, I can click and hear dings, etc, just nothing on display. I unplug 2nd Monitor, i hear the reverse Da-dump, 1st Monitor comes back.

Booting from scratch - both monitors connected.
I see boot up on Monitor 1. nothing on Monitor 2 - although good signal on on/off button. Right befor Logon, both screens go dark, amber on On/Off. If I pull 2nd Monitor, 1st is restored to mormal.

I do not want to go back to XP, but am getting frustrated with trying to get this working.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

KC

DUAL 30" Monitor - 2nd Monitor causes both 1st and 2nd Monitor to go dark

Forgot to add this is 32 bit Windows 7, Thank you.

Hey.

Right click the desktop and choose screen resolution. Then enable the 2nd monitor there by choosing Landscape for the Orientation...

and for Multiple Displays choose Extend These Displays.

Let me Clarify......

Hey.

Right click the desktop and choose screen resolution. Then enable the 2nd monitor there by choosing Landscape for the Orientation...

and for Multiple Displays choose Extend These Displays.

Thank you for responding - I wish it were that simple.....

I am working on one monitor. When I go to adjust screen resolution, I only see 1 monitor because that is all that is connected. This is correct and normal. When I try and connect the second monitor physically to the computer, the screens go dark, I can't see anything to select extend. I can't pre-select extend before I connect the monitor, and when I do connect the monitor, the screens go dark - make sense?

Thank you for your input,

KC

Back